Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Ok, how about Im crazy for Aruba
    I am with you Bill--I am crazy for Aruba--AND proud of it.
    Pat

Hooked after just one visit!!

I just had my first trip to Aruba in early March and am definitely hooked! I cannot wait to go back and make many more great memories on that happy island
    Hope to return to Aruba again soon!

Banned
    I asked some locals where they go for vacation. This guy that worked on the DePalm snorkel cruise said he likes to go anywhere without water! A taxi driver said once he drove the whole length of Interstate 95 for a vacation. One of the employees at LaCabana goes to Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh!!!? But then again, I grew up in Kissimmee and could not stand Disney.
    15 weeks to go!

Aruba since 1979
    my aruban dentist and some other friends go to MIAMI (for shopping), to OrLANDO for DISNEY and shopping and others go to Holland to visit family.

Quote Originally Posted by xobxdoc View Post
    I asked some locals where they go for vacation. This guy that worked on the DePalm snorkel cruise said he likes to go anywhere without water! A taxi driver said once he drove the whole length of Interstate 95 for a vacation. One of the employees at LaCabana goes to Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh!!!? But then again, I grew up in Kissimmee and could not stand Disney.
    15 weeks to go!
    Hey....I happen to live a few miles out side of Pittsburgh and resent that comment !!!!!! We have a lot of great things to offer and since the mills have long been closed the skies are always blue ...well, mostly blue....lots of outdoor activities, concert series, kayaking, skiing, snowboarding,....okay I guess I have made my point....Just so you know, I really am not offended, just ragging on you.....

But the real reason I wanted to comment is that I am Aruba Addicted and get crap about it all the time...I guess when that's all you ever talk about that is what happens.....but when I am not there I am planning a trip to go there so I always have a reason to bring the subject up....and am always looking for new recruits to become as addicted as the rest of us....!!!!
    I think I need a shrink !!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.
    I was gently scolded by the Marriott customer service lady when she looked at our account and noticed that we have never traded our Surf Club unit for another destination. I told her that we love it and might not ever trade it. If I want to go somewhere else I will, but I won't give up my Aruba vacation!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    Hey....I happen to live a few miles out side of Pittsburgh and resent that comment !!!!!! We have a lot of great things to offer and since the mills have long been closed the skies are always blue ...well, mostly blue....lots of outdoor activities, concert series, kayaking, skiing, snowboarding,....okay I guess I have made my point....Just so you know, I really am not offended, just ragging on you.....

But the real reason I wanted to comment is that I am Aruba Addicted and get crap about it all the time...I guess when that's all you ever talk about that is what happens.....but when I am not there I am planning a trip to go there so I always have a reason to bring the subject up....and am always looking for new recruits to become as addicted as the rest of us....!!!!
    I think I need a shrink !!!
    I actually like Pittsburgh even though I'm originally from Philly. I worked at Beaver Valley for a few months for a refueling outage. One night I was at Station Square and the Dodgers were in town but got rained out. I ran into Orel Hershiser right outside of Houlihan's. We met Jimmy Kren that night too outside the comedy club. I always had a good time in the Burgh!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBunches View Post
    I was gently scolded by the Marriott customer service lady when she looked at our account and noticed that we have never traded our Surf Club unit for another destination. I told her that we love it and might not ever trade it. If I want to go somewhere else I will, but I won't give up my Aruba vacation!
    I agree-why give up your Aruba week-just add a week somewhere else. We traded our Surf Club week once for Hawaii and while we had a great time in Maui, we really missed Aruba. When the Marriott reps tell us about the great point system for exchanging, we smile and tell them we'll see them back in Aruba next year.

Eagle Beach Savenetta Palm Beach Countryside of island
    Aruba is intoxicating and I've been addicted to one happy island for 20 years plus! It just feels like home away from home.

Quote Originally Posted by xobxdoc View Post
    I actually like Pittsburgh even though I'm originally from Philly. I worked at Beaver Valley for a few months for a refueling outage. One night I was at Station Square and the Dodgers were in town but got rained out. I ran into Orel Hershiser right outside of Houlihan's. We met Jimmy Kren that night too outside the comedy club. I always had a good time in the Burgh!

Okay, you are off the hook !!!! 'specially since you are AA !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast