Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Wondering how this affects ppl who rent from timeshare owners. Assuming we Would pay the $25 for our stay as well?
    katherine

Trip #14 in

Yes, the people who play, pay. In other words it is billed to the person who uses the room.

Aruba since 1979
    the environmental tax is slated to begin Aug 1, 2013

wow.....i agree, we all get pay raises here in the states (well, I correct that...this yr is my first for several yrs)...but to that point...they raised my share of insurance....then the airlines raised their prices, our timeshare goes up everyyear and now this...boy oh boy.....but, in the end we are staying in Paradise so I guess I just have to suck it up and smile !!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

after positing my first response I started to think about it....we stay 2-3 weeks every year but not in the same room....will they try to make me pay for each room as a seperate stay or since I am on the island will it be counted as one stay ????
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

As I understand it you will pay each time you change room or resort. Makes staying at a private Villa all that more appealing.

well staying at the radisson, and i got a call, that i would be charged an additional $ 3.00 per nite,, for this tax.. Oh well

We just word today for Divi Resorts it is $15.00. That is where we own our timeshare. If it is a studio it is $10.00 is this per night or for the week?? It is unclear to me. I did not know about this till today as we were just notified.

Aruba since 1979
    It is per stay for timeshare. Unless you are renting the timeshare per night from the resort, then it is $3 per night.

Aruba since 1979
    Environmental Tax

An environmental tax goes into effect August 1, 2013.

I am putting this announcement in all categories, so that all will receive notification.

Here is the notification that I received from my timeshare LaCabana.
    In 2010 the government abolished half of the Turn-Over Tax (BBO), from 3% to 1 ½ %, to improve the buying power of both visitors and residents. However, to be able to finance and implement projects to enhance and protect the environment, the government has reached a new fiscal reform in agreement with the business community and the unions. Part of the reform will have an impact on the tourism industry as well. For the hotel and timeshare sector, the government will introduce an “Environmental Levy” as per August 1, 2013, with a fixed fee as follows:
    - US$10 per studio
    - US$15 per one bedroom
    - US$25 per two or three bedrooms

For timeshare owners, this levy is a one-time fee for continuous usage during your owned interval. As such, if you own multiple consecutive weeks, you would be charged only once during your visit. If you own non-consecutive weeks, you will be charged for each stay. Similarly, owners transferring from one resort to another will be charged for a new stay. Hotel or transient guests will be charged US$ 3 per day. Timeshare owners renting additional nights before or after their interval stay will be subjected to the daily fee in addition to their fixed fee.

QUOTE=Diann24;247050]We just word today for Divi Resorts it is $15.00. That is where we own our timeshare. If it is a studio it is $10.00 is this per night or for the week?? It is unclear to me. I did not know about this till today as we were just notified.[/QUOTE]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast