Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Doug R.

Thread: European Formula Sunscreens

Question European Formula Sunscreens

I have read several articles recently on the virtues of European sunscreens which, due to the US Food and Drug administration's long approval process , have ingredients that do a superior job in blocking UVB rays. I was wondering if these are the formulations available in Aruba. I checked online and semi-illegally imported products are very expensive. I did a search on this and other boards and did not find this in the sunscreen threads.

Aruba since 1979
    when we are in aruba in a couple of weeks, i will check to see if those products are available there.

walgreens has a product that some of my neighbors swear by.
    they insist it is the "european kind" but i don't think so. there has been no fda approval on that european ingredient that is supposed
    to be the best thing since sliced bread.
    i do not remember the name of the product of whuch they speak, but most walgreens are set up similarly.
    the stuff is on the rack with all of the sun products.
    it is off to the right, enclosed in box wrapped in cellophane.

i do not use aruba aloe products here in fla or in aruba as they are cost prohibitive.
    i use a lot per day/week.
    i have been using the walgreens 15 or 30 lotion arms and face and the aldis 70 aerosol shoulders and ears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug R. View Post
    I have read several articles recently on the virtues of European sunscreens which, due to the US Food and Drug administration's long approval process , have ingredients that do a superior job in blocking UVB rays. I was wondering if these are the formulations available in Aruba. I checked online and semi-illegally imported products are very expensive. I did a search on this and other boards and did not find this in the sunscreen threads.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 04-27-2014 at 12:20 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    i just called my friend dottie………..the product at walgreens is called VANICREAM.

Aruba since 1979
    and another lady in water aerobics class uses this.
    (she is as white as snow and she is at the pool 9 am til 2pm daily.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2014-ANT...p2054897.l4275

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i just called my friend dottie………..the product at walgreens is called VANICREAM.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Had had to chuckle... Just read this same post in trip Advisor posted today! Let us know if you find some. I'd like to have that product.☀️😃

Quote Originally Posted by Doug R. View Post

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Had had to chuckle... Just read this same post in trip Advisor posted today! Let us know if you find some. I'd like to have that product.☀️
    I learned the value of reseaching multiple sources in grad school!