Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree19Likes
  • 6 Post By charles
  • 1 Post By charles
  • 2 Post By Aruba4ever
  • 10 Post By charles

Thread: everyonceinawhile

everyonceinawhile

Aruba has always been known as a friendly island. Almost to the point of subservience.
    Aruba has tried to keep up with the "Touristic Joness"
    Big resorts - Good services - Nice restaurants - and all the rest that the others offer.

And everyonceinawhile - something happens to make me reflect on these efforts.

Not always, just everyonceinawhile.

And when I do, it saddens me profoundly.

everyonceinawhile

Charles
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

I have had a few messages on another media regarding this thread. To clarify, I am talking about the incident with the taxi driver lady.

Quote Originally Posted by charles View Post
    Aruba has always been known as a friendly island. Almost to the point of subservience.
    Aruba has tried to keep up with the "Touristic Joness"
    Big resorts - Good services - Nice restaurants - and all the rest that the others offer.

And everyonceinawhile - something happens to make me reflect on these efforts.

Not always, just everyonceinawhile.

And when I do, it saddens me profoundly.

everyonceinawhile

Charles
    be well
    charles

Charles....I fully understand and appreciate why you would have written what you did; I don't blame you.

Arubans are wonderful, courteous, intelligent people who need to be respected and appreciated by us tourists.

Thinking ahead to our next trip.....I wouldn't be surprised if we were just a little less welcome bacause of the horrible, inexcusable incident.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Rob- I hope you are wrong with your last sentence. I think 99.9% of us that travel to Aruba agree that the people of Aruba are amazing, courteous, intelligent (how many languages do they speak, 5?) and are well respected. I hope/pray that the great people see what this situation is, it is a crime by a horrible person, not by the people of the US. But we know how groups of people can get blamed for the actions of few...lets just pray this is not the case here, and I don't think it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Rob- I hope you are wrong with your last sentence. I think 99.9% of us that travel to Aruba agree that the people of Aruba are amazing, courteous, intelligent (how many languages do they speak, 5?) and are well respected. I hope/pray that the great people see what this situation is, it is a crime by a horrible person, not by the people of the US. But we know how groups of people can get blamed for the actions of few...lets just pray this is not the case here, and I don't think it will be.
    Amen.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Amen.
    Some years ago, we as an island were ripped apart into starting to doubt ourselves. The media and some of the many people that know the island, were not kind. The aftermath was and continues to be horrid. For example: "Where are you from? Aruba. "Isn't that the island that .....)" Since then, many things have transpired. And now it is capped with this: A 70 year woman earning a living is practically killed and left for dead meat. Eloquent pens such as Rona Costers are able to express emotions in a civil way. Unfortunately, I am one of those that wears his emotions on his sleeve. They tend to rise to the surface, yet I know very well that it is not America that did this. I know that our many repeat visitors are horrified also. I know that this will not get investigated to high heaven and I know (sadly so ) that sooner than we might want to admit, this will not even be a memory.

I so hope that we all reflect. It is not a foreign war that did this. It is not a nation of Americans either. It is the cruel actions of one man. He will not stand trial on network pages and will not be the fodder for talk shows, at least I hope not. Yet, to let it pass without having shed one tear is somehow abetting in what has occurred. And if that happens then the crime is multiple.

That is how I feel.
    I also feel that this forum is for the betterment of tourism on Aruba. This massive outpouring has done that. It has given us all the place needed to join together and hold hands in sorrow. I shall not speak of it anymore. I shall remember it. I shall move on to try and make a better world .

Be ever so well
    Be kind. Especially to each other.
    charles
    be well
    charles

Aruba since 1979
    yup!!
    Quote Originally Posted by charles View Post
    Some years ago, we as an island were ripped apart into starting to doubt ourselves. The media and some of the many people that know the island, were not kind. The aftermath was and continues to be horrid. For example: "Where are you from? Aruba. "Isn't that the island that .....)" Since then, many things have transpired. And now it is capped with this: A 70 year woman earning a living is practically killed and left for dead meat. Eloquent pens such as Rona Costers are able to express emotions in a civil way. Unfortunately, I am one of those that wears his emotions on his sleeve. They tend to rise to the surface, yet I know very well that it is not America that did this. I know that our many repeat visitors are horrified also. I know that this will not get investigated to high heaven and I know (sadly so ) that sooner than we might want to admit, this will not even be a memory.

I so hope that we all reflect. It is not a foreign war that did this. It is not a nation of Americans either. It is the cruel actions of one man. He will not stand trial on network pages and will not be the fodder for talk shows, at least I hope not. Yet, to let it pass without having shed one tear is somehow abetting in what has occurred. And if that happens then the crime is multiple.

That is how I feel.
    I also feel that this forum is for the betterment of tourism on Aruba. This massive outpouring has done that. It has given us all the place needed to join together and hold hands in sorrow. I shall not speak of it anymore. I shall remember it. I shall move on to try and make a better world .

Be ever so well
    Be kind. Especially to each other.
    charles

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Well Charles, you have every right to be angry with this guy. Hopefully your justice system will take care of the problem. I know here, where I live, we would not tolerate any man attacking any woman, especially a 70 year old grandma, the way this lady was attacked on your friendly island. I know from speaking with you for a few minutes that you have visited the states a few times. You know that most people here are pretty friendly too. I know Aruba gets a million visitors a year from around the world and I don't recall any incident like this happening before. Hopefully it will never happen again. Fortunately most antisocial types don't do much traveling. Be well Charles. We all love you and Aruba.