Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Extra day option

Extra day option

If you could extend your vacation by one day which of the following choices would you take? All of these choices are this amount because I have small credit with Expedia.The Hyatt at $167 (allows me to stay in same hotel), playa Linda at 108, Hilton at 67 and Holiday inn 22.

I feel like a nomad this trip because I am using free rooms for more than half the trip. I currently have a day at the Hyatt, 2 at the Ritz and 2 at the Hilton. The Hilton room is the only one I paid for.

I would stay at the Hyatt as moving for 1 day is a pia and I feel like 1 less move would give you a full day rather than a split up day.

Amsterdam Manor, anywhere with a hot sun and a cold drink.
    Hyatt. I'm with Jayshea on this one. Moving for a day is a pain.

I just looked again and now the prices have jumped, in only an hour....Expedia/all the places jack up the prices if you don't buy it then...Hyatt is now 197, and each other room increased by a similar amount with the exception of the Playa. I am undecided what to do at this moment, I do hate the idea of moving, but 200 is no longer feeling close to free, lol.

If you have to move I would go with the cheapest option- no brainier for me. I like the holiday inn's beds- very comfy!

Aruba since 1979
    does the HI still have 2 queens or 2 doubles in the rooms?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayshea View Post
    If you have to move I would go with the cheapest option- no brainier for me. I like the holiday inn's beds- very comfy!

I would go for the cheapest but also by who has the earliest check in.

Not sure Andrea as we always get a king bed when we stay at the HI (ocean tower)- most comfortable bed I have ever slept in in a hotel.

Thanks for all the input. I am going to log in from work tomorrow and hope the prices are lower again, and I will book it then. If not, I will probably stick with my 5 nights. I like your idea ArubaAce- I was close to booking the Playa but I won't ever stay on the ground level, some love it but I would not at all.

Thanks to all of you that weighed in. This is what I did in the end. I am going an extra day. I choose to use my Jet Blue points so my air cost me $17 for the trip instead of $175, down and I now have a small credit on SWA- I also choose the cheapest of the options for my extra day. With taxes the Hyatt was going to be over even with my credit $300, the Hilton was over $220 and the Playa was on the 1st floor which I refuse to stay on, so I purchased a night at the HI for $110 with my taxes included. So in the end I am staying 6 nights but in 4 different locations- The things I will do for an almost free trip to Aruba...sad, lol.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast