Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Extra day option

Aruba since 1979
    i hope it is not too much of a pain in the bottom for you with all of that moving.
    why no 1st floor at playa linda?

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Thanks to all of you that weighed in. This is what I did in the end. I am going an extra day. I choose to use my Jet Blue points so my air cost me $17 for the trip instead of $175, down and I now have a small credit on SWA- I also choose the cheapest of the options for my extra day. With taxes the Hyatt was going to be over even with my credit $300, the Hilton was over $220 and the Playa was on the 1st floor which I refuse to stay on, so I purchased a night at the HI for $110 with my taxes included. So in the end I am staying 6 nights but in 4 different locations- The things I will do for an almost free trip to Aruba...sad, lol.

Andrea, I like to sit on my balcony and not be bothered, lol. I would not want people walking by me in my boxers, neither of us would like it much. I honestly don't think the moving will bother me. I have asked for late checkouts/early check ins to help out. My week will look something like this- Arrive on Monday check in- eat dinner, go gamble and drink. Wake up, eat breakfast, relax on beach, checkout (bringing carry on only), try and check in...if not check bag, eat lunch and then go for a nice long walk, check-in, nap, eat, gamble/drink, wake up and press repeat for the first 2 nights. I get a reprieve from moving on day 3, lol. Then do the checkout thing again..

I think spending 6 nights in Aruba with no restrictions other than checking in/out will be easy for me, I can't wait. These nights would have been wasted in my family, not because we don't travel... but more because my wife would NEVER change hotels or even rooms mid-stay. Me, I don't even unpack my suitcase all week half the time, I pick from it.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 03-11-2016 at 09:49 AM.

Im curious too about the first floor thing. We are actually looking for a first floor at Playa Linda, well not first floor but the very bottom floor where you just walk right out beach level.
    This will be an interesting trip report for sure. I'm guessin all the changes will be easier as a solo traveller. I'm stressed out over the possibility of one change for our stay..lol.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979
    i stress over little things, so i am thinking i would never be able to deal with the moves.

many years ago, before paul and i were married.
    we found an airfare deal to California on United. It was something like $99 each r/t.
    there were numerous connections involved, we traveled for over 24 hrs and by the time we arrived i was in tears, stressed out and almost homicidal.
    i was probably 25 then. now considerably older, i stress and obsess even more.
    i give you credit jay.

Tracey, I would NEVER change with my wife/son, it would be miserable for sure. It will certainly be a much different/interesting trip report. As many of you know, I typically don't even leave the Ritz property when I am there other than gambling and taking my son to the arcade. I won't be dining at BLT, Solanio or any other expensive restaurant this trip...I will be very low key but I may venture out and try a few new places.

Tracey, if you are anything like my wife, also named Tracy, it would freak her out and she would not be able to enjoy the days before checking out. Me, I don't think it will faze but I could be wrong.

Andrea, certain things really stress me out as well. I would freak out with my family in tow. I hate delays, and unplanned events BUT seeing as how I planned this "mess" all on my own, I think I am going to be just fine. I am really funny about certain things and money is one of them. Sometimes I will blow thousands of dollars and not think much of it (staying at the Ritz is an example) and other times I am really cheap, lol. This trip is a 100% bargain basement trip that I am trying to see how far I can actually stretch my money out. I now have paid about $400 in air, and a total of $550 for my hotel nights. So I am looking at 6 nights for a under 1000 plus spending, I can't beat that with a stick, lol.

Worst case scenario after the 2nd move, you just decide that's enough and pay for a couple nights. I have to add this is why we are not doing the Tropicana deal, my husband already said well of we don't like it there it's not that big if a loss we can just go stay at Holiday Inn once we get there.

As for the first floor thing, I understand that logic. We met some really nice people at PL sitting on theor patio. I like the views from higher floors and enjoy the balconies too. Jon prefers to skip the elevator and get to the beach asap. We will likely be alternating between those each trip...all about compromise.

Amsterdam Manor, anywhere with a hot sun and a cold drink.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I just looked again and now the prices have jumped, in only an hour....Expedia/all the places jack up the prices if you don't buy it then...Hyatt is now 197, and each other room increased by a similar amount with the exception of the Playa. I am undecided what to do at this moment, I do hate the idea of moving, but 200 is no longer feeling close to free, lol.
    I feel like $167 to almost $200 is a big jump. Now I lean towards cheap. For $200 I'd move. Lol.

Amsterdam Manor, anywhere with a hot sun and a cold drink.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i stress over little things, so i am thinking i would never be able to deal with the moves.

many years ago, before paul and i were married.
    we found an airfare deal to California on United. It was something like $99 each r/t.
    there were numerous connections involved, we traveled for over 24 hrs and by the time we arrived i was in tears, stressed out and almost homicidal.
    i was probably 25 then. now considerably older, i stress and obsess even more.
    i give you credit jay.
    This is going to sound really snobbish (and considering I'm not a snobbish person [at least I don't think I am]) I almost feel bad saying it.

I never fly anything but direct if I can help it. It's the reason I've never taken a flight out of Albany. I'd rather drive to JFK, LaGuardia, or Newark. I can't stand changing planes. I hate hate hate flying. My mentality is that I want to survive as few flights as possible to get to and from my destination.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast