Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Extra day option

Yep, it came down to money for me for trip. If I win big and get sick of moving, I will just stay at the Ritz and get credit for the last couple of days at the Hilton if possible but I am probably moving, lol.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Thanks for all the input. I am going to log in from work tomorrow and hope the prices are lower again, and I will book it then. If not, I will probably stick with my 5 nights. I like your idea ArubaAce- I was close to booking the Playa but I won't ever stay on the ground level, some love it but I would not at all.
    I love the ground floor. I like not dealing with elevators. 2 of my units at my timeshare are ground floor.

The 1st floor at Playa Linda is not ground level. The lanai units are ground level. I would love one of those units.

Its not snobbish at all. I always fly direct but direct was an extra 400, I always pay the extra fee when I travel with the family regardless of the price. We made the bad mistake of doing a connection once when my son was really young because it was over 1200 savings...and we were strapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    I love the ground floor. I like not dealing with elevators. 2 of my units at my timeshare are ground floor.

The 1st floor at Playa Linda is not ground level. The lanai units are ground level. I would love one of those units.
    Liz, I think the 1st floor on the Hyatt side does walk out directly to the pool deck, correct? Not beach level but still ground level.

There are several lanai units for rent, we are just waitin for the right price and dates. The royal lanais in the end are my dream units but we don't need a 2 bedroom.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

I typically try and stay on the top floor whenever possible. We were on the first floor at a Sandals once and the people above us were loud...

We'll be moving 4 times this upcoming trip. We've done moves before and they're no big deal. Plus by moving 4 times and using hotel points, we get to stay for three whole weeks. We don't care for the lower floors either, but if it means getting to go to Aruba, I'd get over it. There is no place even close for us to take a direct flight unless I drive to DC or Charlotte and I've checked the prices and it's usually cheaper with a connection for some reason. And Jayshea I agree with you on the HI beds. I'm in the Seattle area staying at a HI Express, the bed is almost as comfy as mine at home.

Thanks Walt. We are heading to Seattle in the fall to visit my son( he is in the PH.D. Program at UW.) and looking for a hotel to stay in. We really want to be right in downtown and am considering Crowne Plaza as they are owned by HI. Anything to get points for our Aruba stays!

Walt, I am with you, I would transfer every day if I had free nights at 6 different places, lol. I would not do it with my family unless it was a week in each hotel, and even that would not go well with the wife. My wife is really easy going as long as I don't mess with her relaxing vacation

Walt, where will you be staying besides the HI?

Liz, the room that was available said patio and not balcony, so I figured it was the ground level studio. I can understand why you would enjoy being closer to the beach...the closer to the sky I get the happier I am.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast