Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Favorite Beach Music

I'm with Chuck... on the beach the sounds of nature are plenty, even people talking can distract from the relaxation. It's one of the reasons I like walking the beach early mornings. Now at the beach/pool bars, just about anything with a beat is fine with us...

Quote Originally Posted by AUA1989 View Post
    What is your favorite beach music???? Some people like Jimmy Buffet type music, some like relaxing instrumentals, some like 80s, some like jazz. When I'm sipping a drink while sitting in the sun I like "island" music. I also want to play it in my car, with the sun roof open on a sunny day

I've been trying to find salsa/merengue downloads (I don't have a CD player anymore, Sirius Radio doesn't have a "island", "beach" music channel and I don't know what artist look for on itunes.) I like the upbeat songs, but keep finding more ballad type music.

And for some reason, even when I find what I like, it just isn't the same listening to it in Ohio. But, I'd still like to find some.
    I have XM, you have No Shoes Radio (Kenny Chesney), Jimmy Buffet, the Joint (reggae), and for salsa/merengue check out Caliente, if you have Sirius you should be able to get pretty much the same channel line up as XM. And if interested there are plenty of Country music channels.

We listen to The Joint on Sirius/XM when we are missing Aruba The kids call it the Aruba channel.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Thanks for the suggestions! I too like the sound of the sea, birds, breezes in the mornings while I walk along taking in the sites and sounds.

I will try these various music ideas and hopefully find what I like (I'm curious about the Hawaiian Ukelele music).
    It seems as though when I'm sitting on the beach near one of the beach bars, they play music that I want to own, but can never find it.

BTW act1966, my hubby's hobby is playing in a heavy rock band. Not the thrash metal you mentioned LOL, but listen to Hair Nation on Sirius and you'll get an idea of his genre.

Hoping for a 30th anniversary trip to our favorite place.

Have you thought about putting Shazam on you phone to identify the songs you like at the beach bars and at home? You could make you own play list from that...

Ahhhhhhh. Good idea. I have not thought of that. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Have you thought about putting Shazam on you phone to identify the songs you like at the beach bars and at home? You could make you own play list from that...

Hoping for a 30th anniversary trip to our favorite place.

I listen to many of the above mentioned artists...including Shaggy for beach music...jamaica mon !!!
    But there is a guy from Hawaii by the name of Jack Johnson....very good beach music....if you have never listened to him jump on iTunes and give him a listen...think everyone will be pleasantly surprised. Let me know what you all think !!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

On the beach, I prefer to hear just the sound of the waves. I'll make an exception for Pitbull though, just love him!!

I love island music along with classic rock. Love me some "Freebird" while walking the beach.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12