Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By WaltVB
  • 1 Post By schexc
  • 1 Post By vallond

Thread: Ferry Service AUA-CURACAO-Venezuela News article

Aruba since 1979

Ferry Service AUA-CURACAO-Venezuela News article

This would be great!

My wife has been wanting me to see Bonaire and Venezuela for some time.
    Last edited by __steve__; 05-12-2016 at 05:28 PM.

Good news ...If the price is right what a lovely trip ,and the ship looks great to.
    A Holiday within a Holiday ......
    One thing We did fly into Curaçao on the way home , No Aruban currency taken there .
    so that's a thing to remember , I got way overcharged in Dollars fir a coffee and sandwich !

I don't know. I don't have much faith in Venezuela's economy or government to be able to support such a venture (several airlines have been negatively affected by them recently), but I wouldn't mind visiting either place. I just want a more stable backing.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I'm curious that with all the concerns about Venezuela and crime in Aruba, why Aruba would want to make it even easier to get to Aruba? When we were there in December, the police were concerned (remember we got robbed & friends of ours got robbed) that crime has risen since the influx. The residents are concerned as many we've talked to stated. I would hope before they implement that, they get everything under control.

We'd have to agree. Sure sounds contradictory after their implementation to control the influx of Venezuelans.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    I'm curious that with all the concerns about Venezuela and crime in Aruba, why Aruba would want to make it even easier to get to Aruba? When we were there in December, the police were concerned (remember we got robbed & friends of ours got robbed) that crime has risen since the influx. The residents are concerned as many we've talked to stated. I would hope before they implement that, they get everything under control.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Initially the ferry service was just supposed to be among the ABC islands. With the way things are going in Venezuela I really do not see the ferry service extending operations there, much less continuing operations for very long once it gets off the ground. So many airlines are encountering an endless number of problems with the Venezuelan government to collect overdue payments owed to them for however long. I would love to be able to take the ferry from Curacao to Aruba and back if getting a flight becomes difficult, and also depends on the cost of tickets and the time it would take. Should make for an interesting experience.

The capacity of this ferry is incredible! I hope that would help quite a bit with feeling the rough rocky ocean.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ