Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Question A Few More Questions....

Hi All,

The more I read (and the closer it gets to May 27th), the more questions I have to ask ....

1) I would like hear feedback from anyone who has recently stayed at the Manchebo Beach Resort (this is where I'll be next week)

2) Are Aruba hotels, restaurants, etc busy at this time of the year as it moves towards low season?

3) In relation to #2...Do I need to make reservations for dining at night? (my close friend went to Aruba in Oct and suggested I do this because everything gets busy). I don't want to have to worry about things like this on a 'vacation'....I hate schedules - LOL

4) Water temp report from anyone who just returned? (I'm a New Englander who's used to freezing her butt off in the Atlantic waters..LOL)

Thanks to all....
    Jenn

ARUBALISA - HELP!!!

Hi Jenn,

1. The Manchebo is a nice resort. Nothing fancy but they surely have one of the nicest beaches in Aruba. See attached photo... We were recently there for the Spa del Sol. The Manchebo is small but cosy.

2. The hotels are not that busy this time of year. This week though there's more people because of the Soul Beach Music Festival. Next week will be less crowded. It's a great time to come to Aruba.

3. For restaurants it all depends which restaurants you'll go to. Some get crowded and require a reservation and with others you'll be able to walk in without a reservation. I was at the Flying Fishbone just last Sunday and it was busy, it will be busy at Madame Jeanette as well. Maybe you can make a list of restaurants you would like to visit with the dates and let your concierge make all the reservations for you. Then you won't have to worry about getting in or not.

4. The water temperature is pretty nice! Not freezing at all. It's around 23 to 25 degrees Celsius. (73 to 77 degrees Fahrenheit)

Whatever you do just enjoy your Aruba vacation! Have fun, relax and explore the other side of Aruba.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A Few More Questions....-img_4646.jpg   A Few More Questions....-img_4654.jpg  
    Last edited by ArubaSalsa; 05-23-2008 at 06:34 PM.
    Salsa Greetings,

Reggie
    www.arubasalsa.com

Many restaurants should be OK w/o reservation

Unless you're going to one of the high end restaurants you should be OK with not making reservations if being overscheduled is really a concern. We go in high season and are usually accomodated without reservations at places we like such as Que Pasa, Old Fisherman, Driftwood, Buccaneer, Iguana Joes, etc.

Another place we like is Pam Pam, not well known because they only speak Dutch, but it's great food for a great price and not hard to order at all.

JennDrez,

Last things first, if you swim in New England, you'll feel like a boiling lobster in the waters around Aruba.

The rest of it..... you're working way to hard. Show up, enjoy, relax. Reservations, all this stuff, will fall into place.
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

On Monday, we made reservations for Madame Janette at 2Pm and they had 6Pm and 9Pm options available. We took 6PM, seated right, away and had a great meal with very attentive service. I would have taken any time this week and was surprised that they had an opening that night.
    Today we made reservations at Ruth's Chris in the Marriott at 9Am. Wanted 6Pm and got 5:30Pm instead. Early dinner and be able to catch sunset on the beach afterwards.
    My theory is make reservation the day that you want to go this time of year and be flexible. If you really have a special occasion and have to hit a specific day, I would recommend booking ahead, otherwise book the day you feel the urge.
    Have Fun, Pete

Oh yeah, we come from Salem, NH and the water is warm and refreshing just below 80F today.
    Have Fun, Pete

Thumbs up Excellent Info!

Hi All,

To each of you who responded to my latest posting (my onslaught of questions, LOL)...THANK YOU!!

Can't wait for my trip....T minus 3 days!

Have a great holiday weekend!

Jenn

You are welcome!!!

Enjoy Aruba to the fullest!

Manchebo Resort Aruba

Hi,

If you are looking for a relaxing time, where you can have peace and tranquility than the Manchebo Beach Resort is the most perfect resort on the island. It's a very intimate resort conveniently located. It has the widest beach on the island. there is no need to rush early in the morning to reserve a hut, as there are plenty of hut for every guest.
    Dining is a nice experience. the Garden Terrace (outdoor) where you can sit around the pool and enjoy your dinner. The (world famous) French Steakhouse (indoor) has the best churrasco steak on the island. The best part is that you can make your reservations the same day at the front desk.

Aruba has THE BEST drinking water in the world, coming from the pipes. The water is not cold at all it's at a nice temperature.

If you need more information on what to do (activities) on the island, you must ask for Delia at the concierge desk ( next to the front desk).
    Manchebo Beach is defenitely the resort where I will be staying every time i am on Aruba