Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: A few questions

A few questions

I have a few questions I hope someone will be able to answer. Are there DVD players in the rooms at the Renaissance Suites? We are interested in climbing the mountain down near the airport. I'm not sure of its name. Can we get there without a car from the Renaissance. Is it on a bus route? We are trying to decide if we should rent a car to go to Baby Beach. Can you go by bus. Are the snorkeling spots past the high rise hotels as good. We have not been to Baby Beach, we do snorkel boat trips. I believe these are the same spots. On the bus routes? Thanks in advance. I haven't logged on in a long time but I constantly read the posts and learn new things. I ordered a vacation vault for my trip this Fri. due to the comments on this site. I may be back with more questions before we leave. It's been 2 years since our last trip, I can't wait.
    Thanks Peter

I'll take on what I can answer...

We are interested in climbing the mountain down near the airport. I'm not sure of its name.
    Hooiberg aka "Haystack"

We are trying to decide if we should rent a car to go to Baby Beach.
    Are you going to spend the time at the beach or going to snorkel? Please see Please be careful snorkeling
    Can you go by bus.
    NO, buses does not go there.
    Are the snorkeling spots past the high rise hotels as good.
    Imo, yes, absolutely. I have directions for snorkeling Boca Catalina and Catalina Cove here
    www.arubabound.com/dive/snorkeling.htm
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/snorkeling%20boca%20catalina.html

We have not been to Baby Beach, we do snorkel boat trips. I believe these are the same spots.
    The snorkel trips, with the exception of Tranquilo go to the same spots. They snorkel a bit further off shore from Boca Catalina and Catalina Cove, but there is still a lot to see. Go early in the a.m. when the water is calmer and you will as posters have said here, have a better chance at a sea turtle sighting.

On the bus routes?
    Boca Catalina and Catalina Cove are on the bus route. Just ask the driver when you board that you would like to be dropped off there otherwise you will have to walk a short way.

Aruba since 1979
    remember when you take the bus back to your resort, make sure that you are dried off and sand free. bus and taxis "frown" on wet sandy folks ;-)

yes i agree with lisa about catalina cove snorkeling.
    good snorkeling there.

have fun