Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

A few random questions from a future honeymooner...

I have a few random questions that I couldn’t really figure out where they go since they are all over the place. I probably could've split them up, but I wanted to keep them all together.

In 53 days I’ll be in beautiful Aruba and I CANNOT WAIT! I dream about it daily – haha! My future husband & I will be enjoying our honeymoon for 6 days in September & while we definitely want to relax 99% of the time, we also want to explore & enjoy what the island has to offer. I know there are quite a few different tour companies in Aruba, but I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of who has the best island tour? My initial choice was DePalm Tours Discover Aruba Tour since that seems to have pretty much everything on it … but would anyone here suggest something different? We’re pretty low key & laid back, so I don’t know if the Jeep tours I’ve seen are really for us, either.

We are also interested in doing some sort of sunset sail – we’d like to do something a little more relaxing and not so much a party atmosphere (definitely no booze cruise) … we’re looking for maybe something a little more romantic … any thoughts on who we should look into? I know Jolly Pirates offers a sunset sail, but it seems like it may be a little more rowdy than we’re looking for. Has anyone experienced the sunset sail DePalm Tours has to offer?

According to the website of the Tamarijn (where we’re staying), they offer honeymooners a candlelight dinner for two … does anyone know what restaurant this is at or is it our choice? Is it on the beach or in the actual restaurant? Do we make those reservations when we get there or is it already set up for us when we arrive?

Totally unrelated to any of the above … if the hubs & I happen to find a really great bottle of liquor for cheaper than we could find in the states/that’s unavailable in the states, are we able to just pack it in our checked luggage or is it allowed in our carry-on? We’ve never traveled out of the country before, so this is all new to us.

Any info you can share would be wonderful!! It is very much appreciated!!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    My answers in Caps...

Quote Originally Posted by cupidgirl21483 View Post
    I have a few random questions that I couldn’t really figure out where they go since they are all over the place. I probably could've split them up, but I wanted to keep them all together.

In 53 days I’ll be in beautiful Aruba and I CANNOT WAIT! I dream about it daily – haha! My future husband & I will be enjoying our honeymoon for 6 days in September & while we definitely want to relax 99% of the time, we also want to explore & enjoy what the island has to offer. I know there are quite a few different tour companies in Aruba, but I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of who has the best island tour? My initial choice was DePalm Tours Discover Aruba Tour since that seems to have pretty much everything on it … but would anyone here suggest something different? We’re pretty low key & laid back, so I don’t know if the Jeep tours I’ve seen are really for us, either.
    BULLY GIVES A GREAT TOUR OF THE ISLAND, CONTACT HIM, IT WILL BE JUST YOU, NO OTHERS WHO WILL "SLOW" YOU DOWN.

We are also interested in doing some sort of sunset sail – we’d like to do something a little more relaxing and not so much a party atmosphere (definitely no booze cruise) … we’re looking for maybe something a little more romantic … any thoughts on who we should look into? I know Jolly Pirates offers a sunset sail, but it seems like it may be a little more rowdy than we’re looking for. Has anyone experienced the sunset sail DePalm Tours has to offer?
    PALM PLEASURE HAS A GREAT BOAT, 100FT LONG CATAMARAN ...BIG BOAT, NICE STAFF...

According to the website of the Tamarijn (where we’re staying), they offer honeymooners a candlelight dinner for two … does anyone know what restaurant this is at or is it our choice? Is it on the beach or in the actual restaurant? Do we make those reservations when we get there or is it already set up for us when we arrive?
    DON'T KNOW, ARUBALISA IS THE EXPERT

Totally unrelated to any of the above … if the hubs & I happen to find a really great bottle of liquor for cheaper than we could find in the states/that’s unavailable in the states, are we able to just pack it in our checked luggage or is it allowed in our carry-on? We’ve never traveled out of the country before, so this is all new to us.
    YES, YOU CAN PACK, BE AWARE THOUGH, IF FOUND WHEN YOU LAND AND GO THRU CUSTOMS YOU WILL PAY $11 PER BOTTLE. BUY AT THE DUTY FREE SHOP BEFORE YOU GO. YOU DIDN'T SAY WHAT AIRLINE OR WHERE LEAVING FROM SO CHECK TO SEE IF THERES A SHOP THERE.

ENJOY
    BRING PLENTY OF SUNSCREEN, YOU ARE ALMOST ON THE EQUATOR AND ITS NOT FORGIVING.
    KEEP READING SITE FOR LOTS MORE INFO, CINDY O

Last I knew, the Tam takes their honeymoon couples over to the Sunset Beach Bistro which is located at the Phoenix for your candlelight dinner.

We were there once at sunset just enjoying a glass of wine, when a bunch of couples appeared out of nowhere. They said they were all from the Tam for the honeymoon dinner. It's a very nice atmosphere (tables on the sand, great view of the sunset over the water, etc.) but the food is pretty average.
    ~Amy~® - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

we also want to explore & enjoy what the island has to offer. I know there are quite a few different tour companies in Aruba, but I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of who has the best island tour? My initial choice was DePalm Tours Discover Aruba Tour since that seems to have pretty much everything on it … but would anyone here suggest something different? We’re pretty low key & laid back, so I don’t know if the Jeep tours I’ve seen are really for us, either.
    I would look at private tours.

Private Tours

If you wanted to do a private jeep tour, ABC Jeep tours offers an affordable option, but you would need four people. Good chance you will meet other honeymooners upon arrival at the Tamarijn.

Another option for private jeep tours is Kini Kini. They are a small "mom and pop" operation.

The last option is to rent a 4 x 4 jeep and tour the island one day at your pace.

We are also interested in doing some sort of sunset sail – we’d like to do something a little more relaxing and not so much a party atmosphere (definitely no booze cruise) … we’re looking for maybe something a little more romantic … any thoughts on who we should look into?
    Strea Charters or Tranquilo, imo would suit what you are looking for.

I know Jolly Pirates offers a sunset sail, but it seems like it may be a little more rowdy than we’re looking for. Has anyone experienced the sunset sail DePalm Tours has to offer?
    I would not discount JP's entirely. JP's is a small "mom and pop" operation run by a husband and wife with their own child. Though they serve alcohol, we felt it was more a "fun" atmosphere than a "let's get drunk & crazy" time.

Make sure your travel agent has you booked for the "Honeymoon Package". It does not cost extra, but does entitle you to those extra amenities. Like Amy stated, the location is great, but there has never been a huge buzz about their food. For a honeymoon, if you want something more special, I would suggest reading through some of the info at

Aruba Beach Dinner

Romantic Restaurants

Passions Restaurant

Sunset Dinner

No bottles of liquor in your carry on unless they were purchased duty free at your departure airport AFTER you have gone through TSA security.

If you plan to bubble wrap and put a bottle or bottles in your luggage, just beware of the duty. 1 litre of distilled beverages or 2.25 litres of wine or 3 litres beer;

Beware then of what your airline's baggage weight restrictions are. Most cases nowadays it is 50 pounds.

Aruba Customs Duty

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Thumbs up

>>>> "No bottles of liquor in your carry on unless they were purchased duty free at your departure airport AFTER you have gone through TSA security."
    ---- Ditto! Remember the 3 oz rule. In Aruba after you go through the first Security and before U.S. Immigrations there are shops where you can buy food, liquor, cheese, cookies, ........ These you can carry on the plane.

cupidgirl

For your sunset sail, i'd try http://www.aruba-sailing.com/

Even if your not going to snorkel, the cruise is well worth it. Very relaxing, great crew, and good food.

I like the Black Pearl too. Its small and cozy. (unlike the Jolly Pirates)

I also liked ABC jeep tour- it was not private and we opted to stay with the tour guide in his jeep instead of being in a jeep with another tourer.

I just booked our sunset sail through Jolly Pirates ... unfortunately, the Black Pearl was not available on the dates I wanted. I'm still waiting on my confirmation from JP, so hopefully the dates I chose will work out. I'm so excited!!