Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Fire on Renaissance Island

Wow. So sad. I wonder if the rebuild will include fire suppression. Thankful there were no injuries to staff, guests or animals.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    My guess is sprinkler system to be added.

Just like in the states, close the barn door after the horse gets out. Sorry guys just venting.
    Next Aruba trip in

Here's the latest pics on the internet...

No ones hurt luckily.
    Sad but in a few months or less there will be a brand new place for all Renaissance guests.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fire on Renaissance Island-aaa.jpg   Fire on Renaissance Island-bbb.jpg   Fire on Renaissance Island-fff.jpg   Fire on Renaissance Island-ggg.jpg  

Fire on Renaissance Island-hhh.jpg  
    Last edited by qlaval; 10-29-2015 at 04:23 PM.
    Pierre

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by qlaval View Post
    Here's the latest pics on the internet...

No ones hurt luckily.
    Sad but in a few months or less there will be a brand new place for all Renaissance guests.
    They just finished remodeling it last year.

Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    They just finished remodeling it last year.
    I'm well aware of that.

The important thing is that no one was injured.
    As for the restaurant, it's just like having a new car totaled.
    It's a pain I agree but it serve nothing to complain as we'll have a brand new one soon...

As everyone has said, I am so thankful no one was injured. This could have been completely different had it happened later in the day. I will be watching here and The Renn facebook group to see the plans and progress. We may wait to check out the island till next year's trip and cancel our night this year.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    My guess is sprinkler system to be added.
    Not intending to be argumentative, but, my guess is that it won't. The volume of water required for an effective sprinkler system will likely prevent that, as water pressure and pipeline size to Renaissance Island is limited.

An additional thought is that it is an open facility and safety issues far less complicated than an enclosed restaurant with limited egress.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

I know it's been a trying day here at the Renaissance but... We just received notification about 15 mins ago 7:55pm about the fire and the opening of the island tomorrow with limited food service etc. I just feel like they should have had a beet er crisis communications plan in place. Like this morning all the phones should have received a message. Not almost 12 hours later getting a note under the door. I honestly knew more reading this board than from the hotel we are currently staying in. It let owners etc. know but not people actually here just something they should plan better for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Not intending to be argumentative, but, my guess is that it won't. The volume of water required for an effective sprinkler system will likely prevent that, as water pressure and pipeline size to Renaissance Island is limited.

An additional thought is that it is an open facility and safety issues far less complicated than an enclosed restaurant with limited egress.
    I've read a little about seawater mist systems that the Navy has used on some ships. Maybe something like that? If I understand it correctly seawater is pumped into the system but after use, it would have to be flushed to avoid corrosion.

After putting more thought into this, I'm thinking the cost of any system they did try to implement may outweigh the benefit or the cost of insurance.
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 10-29-2015 at 08:24 PM. Reason: added an after thought
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast