Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Fire on Renaissance Island

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I've read a little about seawater mist systems that the Navy has used on some ships. Maybe something like that? If I understand it correctly seawater is pumped into the system but after use, it would have to be flushed to avoid corrosion.

After putting more thought into this, I'm thinking the cost of any system they did try to implement may outweigh the benefit or the cost of insurance.
    All good thoughts. I do think that seawater systems are for saving lives, not necessarily property.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

I don't understand why an ansul system isn't in place. They don't use a ton of water if any it's a spray foam fire suppression system... It's a requirement in any commercial kitchen in the us and uk

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Should be free Balashis for everyone on the island for a few days.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    A bar service will set up and in place today. Both beaches of the island WILL be open
    All good news
    someone checking in yesterday had the audacity to ask for a refund because they couldn't get out to the island
    SMH

[QUOTE=arubabob;284288]Should be free Balashis for everyone on the island for a few days.[/QUOTE

Quote Originally Posted by dipeblnd View Post
    I don't understand why an ansul system isn't in place. They don't use a ton of water if any it's a spray foam fire suppression system... It's a requirement in any commercial kitchen in the us and uk
    Different fire codes in different countries, some don't have them at all. Always check around for exit doors and smoke detectors where you are because you never know if a fire breaks out.
    Next Aruba trip in

[QUOTE=cindyo;284296]A bar service will set up and in place today. Both beaches of the island WILL be open
    All good news
    someone checking in yesterday had the audacity to ask for a refund because they couldn't get out to the island
    SMH

Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    Should be free Balashis for everyone on the island for a few days.[/QUOTE
    They have done a nice job from the pictures I've seen Getting the temporary set up going.

As a hotel guest, can't say I blame them for asking for a refund or discount depending on their situation. But from what I've heard a refund wasn't warranted since they had access later in the day.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979

the plan

Fire on Renaissance Island-1...images.stories.news.2015.dec.23.ren_island.img_6761_large.jpgfor the new restaurant on Renaissance Island

Wow, that looks really nice. We may have to go back just to see the new place.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    More update......

This is the old rendering which pretty much the same as the new. Changes done are that bar will be slightly bigger (to improve traffic inside the bar because bartenders were not able to pass each other), the roof will be extended at the front to create more shadow inside after 2/3 o'clock, bathrooms are moved to an outhouse just in front of thd main building with wheelchair access to both bathrooms and restaurant area and the kitchen is gone be closed and aur conditioned to improve capacity and hygiene.

i don't want to reveal source

Does anyone know how the Private Island is coming along ? I can't seem to find any updates. I sent a couple e-mails to the Renaissance asking but they have gone unanswered. I know it's open. But I'd like to know the progress of the restaurant/bar. We have relatives using our Renaissance timeshare this year and I'd like to give them an accurate heads up on what to expect.

Thank You for any help.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast