Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: The first thing we do when we arrive to our Aruba resort/timeshare/apartment is:

check in, unpack and since we also arrive late we usually change into our "island gear"….grab something to eat AND drink (BRIGHTS of course) and then find a nice relaxing place to chill and enjoy the warm breeze………Just not fair, should be there not talking about it….. :-(
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

We stop at Ling's or Superfoods first, then check in and drop suitcases and food, change into swim attire and head for the pool bar.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    By the time we get there, it is almost dinner time. We drop off our suitcases in the condo, change into our shorts (we travel in winter), head for the beach bar, order a couple of brown ladies, then go sit on the beach and watch the sunset.

pickup rental from ace car rental, haul a.. to the occidental.
    bellhop takes our luggage to room, drink for couple hours, shucking and jiving with employees at the hotel, call the kids at home.
    start our routine.

can't wait for june 18...

I put on my swimsuit on the plane (imagine that in those bathrooms) or sometimes just wear it under my clothes. We've always gone in the winter, but this being our first spring trip, would it be tacky to tell my son he can wear his swim trunks on the flight down?

We have a Bright while in the check-in line at the hotel (or sometimes they are offering complimentary Aruba Aribes).

I open the room door to our room, literally throw my stuff in, go find a beach chair, another couple brights and wait for the sunset. Ahhhhhhhh

Unpacking can wait.

Let me correct my prior post. The first thing I do when I get to Aruba, as soon as possible, is drink a large glass of the awesome water. Then the Bright.....

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    I must say I totally love this topic! After checking in (hopefully to my requested favorite room) hubby goes for a cold one, a walk around the Divi AL while I unpack just a few things. I figure by the time I finally make it back to the room I will be way too tired to think about opening a suitcase and will need my things by early morning when I wake up so excited. So I unpack toiletries, bathing suit etc. then change into my flip flops and summer skirt or shorts and find hubby at the bar and order my first ice cold balashi! Since we are now starving we order and share a pizza at the pizza bar to hold us over until our Thanksgiving dinner, yum, yum....after dinner catch up with our favorite Divi staff until our eyes finally win and have to call it an early night. Wake up so excited and refreshed the next morning and start off with my daily beach walk to Tam getting all excited just thinking about it!!!!

pick up our rental at the airport...Head to Hung Paridise and get a "big egg roll" to go...leave to Check in at our timeshare...unpack...head to the store to stock up...go for a walk down the beach path and head to dinner at smokey joes for ribs!!! This post is just reminding me how much of creature of habit we all are!!!!

Aruba since 1979
    we love the big egg rolls too!
    Quote Originally Posted by sbatjc View Post
    pick up our rental at the airport...Head to Hung Paridise and get a "big egg roll" to go...leave to Check in at our timeshare...unpack...head to the store to stock up...go for a walk down the beach path and head to dinner at smokey joes for ribs!!! This post is just reminding me how much of creature of habit we all are!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    we love the big egg rolls too!
    They are the best! Sometimes I get a few of them and just keep them in the fridge for through out the week.... Calories don't count in aruba!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast