Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

First time to Aruba

I really want to visit aruba for my honeymoon. I have read so much about places to stay and things to do/see. I would really like some advice from those of you who have been to the island several times. I have never had a good vacation and since this is going to be my honeymoon.... I want it to be a good experience. I would like to know the best places to stay. I am not looking for some high end place because I am there for the sun, beach and adventure. What is the estimation of cost?? I know that people tend to spend different amounts but I am just looking for an estimation of cost of trip including money for food and adventure?? It looks like some of you guys have had some great experiences visiting aruba

Welcome allink41!

My husband and I first visited Aruba in 2002 for our honeymoon and have been back every year since. We were looking for a place with great weather where we could just kick back and relax. As for a place to stay, we chose the Marriott only because of a deal we found, but there are a lot of great places. You are definitely in the right frame of mind - you spend so little time in your room that it is definitely better to save a little more money for dinners and activities than a high end room. Friends of ours honeymooned last year at the Divi All-Inclusive and had a great time. Personally I would skip the all-inclusive simply because there are so many great restaurants on the island, but that would be your call.

Cost can vary so much. I can tell you what we do to give you an idea. For breakfast, we have a bagel and some fruit. For lunch, my husband and I will split a lunch by the pool. The portions at the Surf Club are pretty good size. And with the heat, we usually aren't all that hungry. We keep some sort of munchie in the room for mid-day. We save our money and splurge on great dinners at night. All in all, from breakfast to dinner, we probably spend about $150-$200 per day on average for the two of us. Some dinners are cheaper, like Moomba's or Smokey Joe's, and some are more extravagant, like Flying Fishbone.

Not sure if you are looking for suggestions on activities, but a jeep tour is a great way to see the island. If you or your other half ride a motorcycle, Big Twin offers a fun tour too.

And the most important tip - bring plenty of sunblock! I never saw my husband get a sunburn until we went to Aruba.

As you start to plan out your honeymoon, be sure to let us know if you have any questions. The posters here are a wealth of information. I have learned so much here.

Get me back to Aruba!

I have to agree with Aruba Liz. We too stay at the Marriott Surf club. We like the high rise district as it has a little more going on in the evening, especially with the new outdoor mall just opening up. You can find lots of good restaurants within walking distance and if you want to go a little farther taxi's aren't outrageous and there is also the bus.

As its your honeymoon, enjoy a nice place but agreed that it is not necessarily to spend a hug amount on your room. You might even consider just renting a Studio at the Marriott Surf Club. There is a Queen size bed plus a pull out couch, table with two chairs and balcony. Not massive but very adequate if you want to stay somewhere nice but save some money too. The room comes with a small fridge (bar size), coffee maker, microwave, toaster. Perfect for breakfasts and lunches.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

My pick for a honeymoon is the Tara Suites at the Bucuti. This building at the Bucuti is adults only (their other building only allows one child per room and those rooms are limited.) It really caters to couples (especially honeymooners). Beach is huge and never crowded because they only have about 125 rooms.

http://www.bucuti.com/en/

Also try MCM Tours for package prices. They always seem to have very good prices and alot of people use them. http://www.aruba4u.com/
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Thank you guys so much for your advice. I have also been looking into the Jeep Tour and it looks awesome. I live in Mississippi and love the sun and the water. My boyfriend and I are looking for fun in the sun. I am going to look into the places you recommended I stay. I was looking into the Riu at first but I read some bad things about it and am not so sure anymore. I can't say how awesome it has been to read about other people's experiences. I am the type of person that does ALOT of research when I buy something or I plan on going somewhere. It helps to read what others think. Thank you guys so much.

I have to "second" Amy's recommendation for the Bucuti. We stayed there in 2006, and loved every second! The beach is second to none, and there is no waiting in line to reserve a palapa - there are plenty for everyone.

As Amy mentioned, the Bucuti caters to couples and actually discourages children - there are no children's activies there.

If you don't want to spend the money for the Tara Suites, the main building is also very nice and recently has been renovated. We stayed in that building with an oceanview room, and would do it again.

While the low rise hotel area is much more laid back, it's easy to grab a cab and go to the high rise area for the evening.

For honeymooners, I vote BUCUTI ... hands down!!

First timer needs suggestions !

Hello All!

My hubby and I are taking out first trip to Aruba here in a few months (april 7-12th) Since we want to spend a decent amount of time simply sitting on the beach doing next to nothing, I need some help deciding what to do for the other parts of our trip. We are staying at the tam so dining is not really an issue.

I have just read online about so many activities and tours from different companies and cannot seem to narrow it down since so many of them seem to overlap in regards to the sites they visit. If anyone has any recommendations on 2-3 tours or activities that would cover everything that we absolutley must see/do that would be great. We really like the sailing/snorkeling idea but we dont scuba dive and we like the jeep tour idea. Let me know! Thanks all!

Banned
    Jolly pirates snorkel tour
    depalm discover aruba bus or jeep tour (jeep gets dusty)
    kukuu kunukoo dinner/bar hopper party bus tour
    glass bottom boat

see www.depalm.com

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba community forum

since you only will be having 5 days on island i recommend doing next to nothing (as you mentioned) and staying on the beach.

that being said, one tour that i would do is the Tranquillo snorkel tour.
    www.tranquilloaruba.com
    many many rave reviews, the ship only holds a few people, there are usually no kids and it is wonderful. (the drift snorkel is particulary terrific)

also too, early mornings or late afternoons are a good time to hop in the car and go exploring.
    taking an hour or 2 every day will give you a better feel for aruba and its residents.
    (that is if you plan on renting a car)

andrea

quote=Mrs.BeachComber;103626]Hello All!

My hubby and I are taking out first trip to Aruba here in a few months (april 7-12th) Since we want to spend a decent amount of time simply sitting on the beach doing next to nothing, I need some help deciding what to do for the other parts of our trip. We are staying at the tam so dining is not really an issue.

I have just read online about so many activities and tours from different companies and cannot seem to narrow it down since so many of them seem to overlap in regards to the sites they visit. If anyone has any recommendations on 2-3 tours or activities that would cover everything that we absolutley must see/do that would be great. We really like the sailing/snorkeling idea but we dont scuba dive and we like the jeep tour idea. Let me know! Thanks all![/quote]

Mrs B, IMHO with 5 days on the island I would recommend you think seriously about trying to plan for no more than two off-resort activities. Even during our early years of vacationing on the island we rarely planned activities more frequently than every other day. We have found that while staying at the Tam, just doing nothing can be very enjoyable.

That being said, snorkel cruise, Jolly Pirates or Tranquillo. Snorkeling will be great plus you'll have the added perspective of seeing the island from offshore. The jeep tours are great fun. It depends on how much you want to get into it, but my recommendation would be a half day excursion. You'll get to see the north side of the island and also have beach time available.

Enjoy your time on the island. I think you'll enjoy the Tam.

Joe
    Last edited by Snidely; 02-01-2008 at 09:44 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast