Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Aruba since 1979
    word of warning
    we do not allow advertising on the community forums (except in the signature line)

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaSalsa View Post
    Since you are staying for only 5 days you could indeed do the Jolly Pirates swim snorkel and swing tour. You could also do the half day ABC jeep safari, or their new Batumba tour. I strongly recommend these activities. Check out their websites... www.jollypirates.com www.abc-aruba.com, you'll have a great time.

You could also learn to dance on your vacation! ArubaSalsa is a brand new activity on Aruba where in one hour and a half you could learn the Salsa, Merengue or Bachata. These are all caribbean dances.

Greetings!

Reggie
    reggie@arubasalsa.com

Dear Andrea J.

I am new to this forum and I thank you for your reply on my post. I have read the rules of the forum.
    Here's what it says about advertising:
    • Do not post advertising, promotional materials, or any other forms of solicitation on "Aruba.com Community Forum". If you can answer a
    specific question by mentioning your business or website, or posting a URL that’s fine, but just posting your URL or any URL’s not acceptable.
    Again this is not the area to post a link, encourage visitors to your website, or advertise your products.

So from my point of view I'm not advertising on the site, since I didn't just post the URL's. I'm just giving several suggestions on nice activities to do in Aruba thus answering the question asked in the first post.
    If the way I posted my message wasn't right I apologize.

Greetings,

Reggie
    reggie@arubasalsa.com
    www.arubasalsa.com

Aruba since 1979
    you may also want to remove your EMAIL address in your signature line to avoid spam being sent to you.
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaSalsa View Post
    Dear Andrea J.

I am new to this forum and I thank you for your reply on my post. I have read the rules of the forum.
    Here's what it says about advertising:
    • Do not post advertising, promotional materials, or any other forms of solicitation on "Aruba.com Community Forum". If you can answer a
    specific question by mentioning your business or website, or posting a URL that’s fine, but just posting your URL or any URL’s not acceptable.
    Again this is not the area to post a link, encourage visitors to your website, or advertise your products.

So from my point of view I'm not advertising on the site, since I didn't just post the URL's. I'm just giving several suggestions on nice activities to do in Aruba thus answering the question asked in the first post.
    If the way I posted my message wasn't right I apologize.

Greetings,

Reggie
    reggie@arubasalsa.com
    www.arubasalsa.com

Smile thanks!

Great suggestions! thanks for all the responses!

Since it with be my hubby's birthday while we are there , I booked the tranquilo snorkel tour for that day and they are going to have a small cake on board so I can suprise him! I also am going to go with the half day ABC jeep tour. Then for the our last night , we are going to go on the jolly pirates sunset cruise. Originally I was looking at going to depalm island one day and do the sea trek thing, but after reading reviews on tripadvisor, it sounds like the actual island is dirty and crowded and not really worth how expensive it is. any recent experiences or ideas on that?

Aruba since 1979
    re: Depalm Island
    I have been a number of times. (all but 1 time was prior to the a ll inclusive deal)

The last time we went, it was all inclusive.
    The food was lousy.
    The alcoholic beverages were weak.
    The snorkeling is less than mediocre as the reef is dead.
    The large blue parrot fish are terrific.
    The bang for the buck was not there. It was a waste of money and it is way way overpriced.

While we were there, the cruise line folks came on their "shore excursion" and their opinions were very different than ours. They thought it was just wonderful.

Different opinions make things interesting.
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.BeachComber View Post
    Great suggestions! thanks for all the responses!

Since it with be my hubby's birthday while we are there , I booked the tranquilo snorkel tour for that day and they are going to have a small cake on board so I can suprise him! I also am going to go with the half day ABC jeep tour. Then for the our last night , we are going to go on the jolly pirates sunset cruise. Originally I was looking at going to depalm island one day and do the sea trek thing, but after reading reviews on tripadvisor, it sounds like the actual island is dirty and crowded and not really worth how expensive it is. any recent experiences or ideas on that?

Since you are only going to be in Aruba for 5 nights, and even if you were there 3 weeks, I have to agree with Andrea. Avoid De Palm Island and stay and enjoy the beach at your resort. That privledge you already paid for. You have plenty of other activities scheduled in between that you should not be bored.

First time to Aruba

Hi Guys,

Our first time to a Carribean island and we decided on Aruba. We are staying at the renaissance. So we are really looking forward to this trip. I had few questions for everyone. Hopefully you guys can help me out...We have decided on a 4 night stay.

I was reading up on the visa reqs and was a bit confusing. I am a citizen, but my wife holds a green card. I had read that green card holders don't need a visa...Can someone confirm this for me?

I was going to do one of those safari tours, but decided on doing this without a tour. If I rent a 4x4, can I accomplish the major (natural pool/bridge, etc) in a day. Should I have a regular car for all other days purposes to go restaurants, etc? Or is it easy to get around?

And last, do we need to take like snorkel equip, etc with us? Or do you know if the hotel provides any of that?

I know its lot, but hoping you guys can help me out....Thanks in advance..

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Thumbs up

http://www.aruba.com/about/entryrequirements.php
    Please go to that Site to see what is required for a person with a green card. Every country is different and sometimes requirements are different for a person with a green card and depends what country that person has a Passport from. Please go to that site as would not what her to not get entry.
    That site has a E-mail address that you could send to Aruba to get an Offical response.
    Also talk to your airlines to see what is needed to get on the plane. Airlines can turn people away without proper ID. Does she have a Passport from her country? Don't want to scare you but have seen airlines turn people away traveling out of the country if they don't have the proper paperwork.
    I have made many trips overseas and don't know any answers for a person with a green card.
    http://www.arubatourism.com/arubaand...egalities.html
    Here is another site you can read that states what people with green cards need in addition to their green card.
    That site states:
    "4. A resident of the USA (non USA citizens) for whom NO visa-requirements are applicable for Aruba must have: a valid passport and
    - A re-entry permit
    - An Alien Registration Card (Green Card);
    5. A resident of the USA (non USA citizens) for whom visa-requirements are applicable for Aruba must travel either with:
    - A valid national passport (provided with a visa for Aruba) or
    - A U.S. government issued refugee passport
    - A valid national passport and a re-entry permit (provided with a visa for Aruba)
    - A valid national passport and an Alien Registration Card (Green Card).
    Last edited by TomFrederick; 05-13-2008 at 09:34 AM.

Thanks Tom. Appreciate the response.

She does have a GC and a National passport. I am going to get the visas anyways, just to be on the safe side.

I have stayed at the Renaissance a number of times and you picked a great hotel. You are staying downtown, within walking distance to a great deal of shopping and restaurants, and you probably don't need a rental car, especially for your relatively short visit.

You should absolutely take the boat ride to the private island - one of the best features of the Renaissance hotel. The snorkeling at the island is fantastic. The hotel does rent snorkeling equipment on the island on a daily or weekly basis. We normally bring our own gear but we have also used the rental equipment and had no problems. The restaurant on the island is also reasonably priced.

Great restaurants within walking distance to your hotel include El Gaucho for steak and Old Fisherman for seafood. Igauna Joe's is fun for drinks, bar type food and people watching. Have fun!!!

Dave
    See you in Aruba!!!
    Next Aruba trip in

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast