Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Can you easily get to the other side of the man made reefs in front of the lagoon? It is unclear from all of the satellite photo's and pictures from others. We are staying at the Marriott Surf club and it would be worth the price if we can get in some good leisurely snorkeling there.
    Have Fun, Pete

amit: Since you never been to aruba-- how did you come to decided on the ren for your stay?

Dave: Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, we are tree huggers so our choices for restaurants are limited on the island. Maybe, instead of a car rental, we might rent a scooter to go around locally. I will rent the 4x4 for one day for sightseeing.

Serene: Just did some research via google / trip advisor. I didn't want to spend too much money. I had marriott points and spg points. So my choices were limited, either Marriott Stellaris or Ren...Or the Westin. I didn't want to Stellaris because of the construction, just wasn't up for seeing a crane as part of my view on the island. I see enough of that in nyc. At that point, it was between Westin or Ren and that was a no brainer. The private island did the trick.

thanks for your reply- I was curious to how people decide what hotels they want to stay at considering they never been.

If I didnt have the help I did-- i think i would have picked the Mill for the price.

I looked at all the major hotels in the area as well, but I also liked bucuti a lot. I thought the property and rooms were really nice for the price.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Rennaissance all the way !!! Island is the best............We'e owners for 11 years.........would have it no other way, cindy

Cool Perhaps take a tour

I would recommend taking a full-day tour of the island instead of renting a car (I would rent a car if it was your second time to the island). Indeed, the roads are not very well marked and it can be difficult to get to the Natural Pool on your own. I should also point out that some of the tour companies provide snorkeling equipment and bring you to Baby Beach as part of a tour (which is a great place to snorkel).

Snorkeling at Renaissance Island

Hi Pete,

Getting to the other side of the rocks is not really a problem. Take normal precautions such as having a buddy with you and watching out for boats. Have fun!

Dave
    See you in Aruba!!!
    Next Aruba trip in

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    I looked at all the major hotels in the area as well, but I also liked bucuti a lot. I thought the property and rooms were really nice for the price.
    I liked that property also- but was surprised at the amount of hotels that are all non smoking rooms.

Thanks Dave, is it a swim out or a walk out? From the satellite photo, it almost looks like you can swim over the end of the reef at flamingo beach.
    I will have my wife with me. We are both very experienced swimmers and snorkelers, that said maybe we will each take a colored bottle attached to a rope to mark us. We usually start out together and then split up to slowly cover the area as a team.
    Have Fun, Pete

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast