Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: First time in Aruba. Heading down in May. Anything that we "Must-Do" as first-timers?

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBeezy View Post
    Thanks for the tip. It would be nice to not get stuck in a tour group and be able to enjoy the sights on our own time so maybe we'll do this. I'd like to check out the natural pool which I've heard can be a sketchy drive...not really sure what that means but last thing I want to do is get a flat tire or something haha.
    You should NOT take a rental car to the natural pool. That is one of the places you would be better off going with a group on ATVs.

Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    You should NOT take a rental car to the natural pool. That is one of the places you would be better off going with a group on ATVs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    do not attempt the natural pool in a car.
    a jeep or atv is the best way......
    and it really should be done with a tour group.

Noted. That's what I thought from watching some videos haha. I am leaning towards the ATV group since I haven't been on one in ages plus I'm a taller person so may not be the greatest getting crammed into a jeep on a very bumpy road haha.

Thanks all.

Noted. That's what I thought from watching some videos haha. I am leaning towards the ATV group since I haven't been on one in ages plus I'm a taller person so may not be the greatest getting crammed into a jeep on a very bumpy road haha.

Thanks all.
    Good idea. Very bumpy and a little crazy!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    if you have any back or neck issues................do NOT take the tour to the natural pool. you will be paying for it later

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    So after much research of where to travel down in the Caribbean this year, I chose Aruba. The safety aspect of this island and (obviously how amazing it looks) really won me over so I can enjoy myself down there without having to look over my shoulder every 5 seconds.

My wife and I are going for 5 nights and are beyond excited to get out of the States.

I've done a fair amount of research and as much as we love the beach, we definitely would like to see as much as the island as we can but to also enjoy the beaches as much as possible too.

My "game-plan" is something like this:

Sunday:
    Complete lazy beach day....we are right on Palm Beach so I figured we'd wake up early and grab one of those hut things. Probably hit up Eagle Beach as well since it's close and enjoy the sunset there.

Monday:
    I thought this would be a good day to do a tour of the island....either a jeep tour unless people have had good experiences with the ATV tour? I'd rent a jeep but would feel more comfortable having a professional with us on our first time seeing the island....maybe get a jeep if we go again in the future.

Tuesday:
    Jolly Pirates....everybody says this is an awesome experience and it looks like something we'd enjoy a lot so I figured this would be a good day for that....probably go visit some more beaches once we're done with that.

Wednesday:
    No game plan really....was thinking of doing a couples spa day and a beach on the dinner experience.

My general questions:

Is it worth spending the money to go to Renaissance Island for a few hours to see the flamingoes and chill on that private beach?

What is the better tour...the jeep or atv? What do you get to see for the most part?

So excited for this trip. Island looks like a blast.

Thanks for reading!
    When are you going and where are you staying? we will be there from 05/16 to 05/29. Renaissance Island is nice but NOT worth a one day trip price IMHO. we have stayed at the Renaissance several times and enjoy it but not worth paying the day trip price when you already are on a beach.

When are you going and where are you staying? we will be there from 05/16 to 05/29. Renaissance Island is nice but NOT worth a one day trip price IMHO. we have stayed at the Renaissance several times and enjoy it but not worth paying the day trip price when you already are on a beach.
    Staying at the Hyatt....did a fair amount of research and I enjoyed what I read about the resort.

I was thinking of doing a spa day which includes being able to go to the island, but i'm not 100% sure yet...was a bit pricey imo.

Right now I've been checking out the Sunrise Tour and Black Pearl as 2 things I definitely want to do...

I was thinking of jolly pirates, but black pearl seems a bit more relaxed and something my wife and I will enjoy more.

Not sure yet though lol.

If you decide to do the Black Pearl which is a great boat trip... BOOK NOW. They fill up fast. I have already booked my late July trip.

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    This is exactly what I would do.

If you rent a car for a day or 2 you can see most of the island on your own. You don't need a 4 wheeler for most of the attractions. You can start at the lighthouse on the northern tip, swing by the golf course at Tierra Del Sol. Then to Alto Vista Chapel. From there it is an easy drive to the gold smelter ruins at Bushiribana and the natural bridge. From there you head back west and visit the Casibari rock formations and Mount Hooiberg. From there you can take a drive down to Baby Beach on the southern tip of the island and do a little snorkeling and relaxing. Big Mamas has good burgers and fish and cold drinks. The water is very shallow and the snorkeling is easy. This whole trip can be done in 5 or 6 hours.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba-Mark View Post
    If you decide to do the Black Pearl which is a great boat trip... BOOK NOW. They fill up fast. I have already booked my late July trip.

Oh wow, do you have the best link for doing so? I definitely don't want to miss out on this boat trip. Thanks!

Here's the link for the Black Pearl. http://www.aruba-sailing.com
    We loved it and are thinking of booking again for our May trip

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast