Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

First timer to Aruba in just 24hrs

Hi all, I'll be visiting Aruba for the first time tomorrow with my soon to be wife, I can't tell you how excited I am.

We are staying at the Riu and will be getting married a week into our vacation, myself (James 30) and my fiancée (Ella 25) can't wait to see this beautiful island for ourselves, it's been 18 months in the planning and to think its happening tomorrow is such a great feeling, we'll be flying over from London Gatwick due to arrive around 3pm on Tuesday.. Hopefully everything goes smoothly and I'll be sipping happy hour cocktails at Bugaloe Bar for 5pm lol.

I've read numerous posts on here about people meeting up, so should anybody be around at that time and fancy welcoming some new comers by all means stop by, I've a very strong London accent, am 6"2 and incredibly handsome, lol ok 2 outta 3 ain't bad!

On a completely different note, although terrible at golf i do enjoy playing 18 holes therefore, i was actually wondering if someone might help me with a question I have, I see the divi links isn't far away and looks perfect for me, although their website states 1 price, comments on here say of others, and on trip advisor a third price, any help / clarification would be appreciated, I'll need to rent clubs from the shop.

And so with that I bid you farewell and hope you have a great day.

thanks to anyone who replies.

james

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the forum james!
    safe and fun travels for you!
    aaaah a wedding!! awesome! i am sure it will go beautifully.
    i too see different pricing for golf at Divi...i cannot even make a guess.

enjoy every moment and best wishes
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesWhiting View Post
    Hi all, I'll be visiting Aruba for the first time tomorrow with my soon to be wife, I can't tell you how excited I am.

We are staying at the Riu and will be getting married a week into our vacation, myself (James 30) and my fiancée (Ella 25) can't wait to see this beautiful island for ourselves, it's been 18 months in the planning and to think its happening tomorrow is such a great feeling, we'll be flying over from London Gatwick due to arrive around 3pm on Tuesday.. Hopefully everything goes smoothly and I'll be sipping happy hour cocktails at Bugaloe Bar for 5pm lol.

I've read numerous posts on here about people meeting up, so should anybody be around at that time and fancy welcoming some new comers by all means stop by, I've a very strong London accent, am 6"2 and incredibly handsome, lol ok 2 outta 3 ain't bad!

On a completely different note, although terrible at golf i do enjoy playing 18 holes therefore, i was actually wondering if someone might help me with a question I have, I see the divi links isn't far away and looks perfect for me, although their website states 1 price, comments on here say of others, and on trip advisor a third price, any help / clarification would be appreciated, I'll need to rent clubs from the shop.

And so with that I bid you farewell and hope you have a great day.

thanks to anyone who replies.

james

Welcome James!! Congrats on the upcoming wedding and choosing such a magical place to wed!

Wait till you are on the island and talk to the concierge at Riu. I'm sure they'll be able to help.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

editing sentence re last time visiting

Hi James: Welcome to the forum to both you and your soon-to-be wife. Though I have not been to the Island...aka "Paradise...for quite some time; I have wonderful memories of allthe trips that I have been fortunate enough to make. Without any doubt or hesitation, I can say, "Y'all will simply love it; the atmosphere and the people. It is indeed "Paradise. Congratulations on the up-coming wedding...what a wonderful place to start of many happy years of married life. Of course, you know, after you return home to England, and get settled down; we would appreciate a "Trip report."

Ed

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Congratulations on your wedding. Your going to LOVE Aruba.

Divi Links is 9 hole Tierra del Sol is 18 holes.

Hi guys, thanks for the lovely messages.

it's 8pm here and I'm already wanting to go to sleep just so tomorrow morning is here quicker!

i think the best thing to do as mentioned already is to speak to the concierge and see what they can do to help.

Thanks again and for those lucky enough to live on the island perhaps I'll see you in Bugaloe's Tuesday evening.

James

Congrats! Have fun and keep us posted.

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Enjoy your first of what I'm sure will be many trips to Aruba.