Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FYI, Capital One is the only card that I know of that does not charge a foreign transaction fee.

As for renting a jeep to take to the Natural Pool, the following is from my recent post in "My Aruba Story":

"We took a chance and drove to the Natural Pool, which was well worth the risk. We arrived just as a tour was leaving, so we had the place to ourselves. The snorkeling was great and the tranquility and beauty made it a highlight of the trip. On our way out of Arikok National Park, we encountered two other jeeps that couldn't quite handle the terrain."

We rented from Smart Rent a Car and our jeep did not look "pretty", but the tires were nearly new (although the spare was useless). The guy who delivered it to us basically told us that if we took it to the Natural Pool, it was at our own risk. One of the other broken down jeeps we ran into (breaks went out) was from Amigo. The other had terrible tires (not even road worthy, nevermind off-road); however, I do not know who they rented from. So if you decide to go on your own, check your tires. Personally, I loved the challenge and the opportunity to experience the area in seclusion made it worth it. A couple locals were out there renting snorkel gear for $5-$8, but we had our own. It's worth it to have at least a mask to share (the pool is small). Another lovely area that was secluded California White Sand Dunes North of Arashi Beach.

Good luck and have fun!

Thanks for letting me know about your experience to the natural pool. I been reading a lot of horror stories about people going out on thier own to the natural pool in jeeps. It is making me double think if I should go alone. I just dont want to be on someone else schedule thats why I do not want to take a tour. What about renting an ATV and going out there on our own, will that be any easier?

Aruba since 1979
    unsure if easier

GEORGE'S has ATV rentals

Quote Originally Posted by spursguy123 View Post
    Thanks for letting me know about your experience to the natural pool. I been reading a lot of horror stories about people going out on thier own to the natural pool in jeeps. It is making me double think if I should go alone. I just dont want to be on someone else schedule thats why I do not want to take a tour. What about renting an ATV and going out there on our own, will that be any easier?

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    If you plan on using your credit card make sure to call them before your trip with the dates you will be in Aruba so there are no problems, they will have this on record Have fun!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12