Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

First visit to Aruba:)

Hello Everyone!

I am so glad I found this board,have been reading every day and I am learning from you guys

I'm planning my first trip to Aruba 1st of october for 2 weeks.Me and my boyfriend.

We don't do any holiday package as such all inclusive and we don't have timeshare either.

So,we just booked flight tickets and looking for accomodations and any excurtions by ourself.

thanks to your board I feel almost confident with my travel-plan,but still have few questions.I hope you can help me

Q1:
    As we are budget travelers we can not afford high rise area.
    I am thinking about booking Bananas Apartments (500$ per week)
    Do you know that place?Or maybe you can recommend me some other self catering in this price?

Q2:
    There is so many restaurant with happy hours for dinning and drinking,how do I find about them??Just walking the street or in same leatlet???

Q3:
    How far is Light house from Palm Beach by walk?
    How far is from Malmok Beach to Eagle Beach by walk?
    Is there any path for walkers from West side of Island to East side of Island.

Q4:
    Arikok National Park-can we walk by ourself or we need a guard?or car?
    We don't drive that's why I'm asking

Q5:
    OSTRICH FARM and Donkey Sanctury-worth a visit?

Q6:
    local bars or tavernas,I read about same lokal small restaurant with arubian food as iguana soup or goat stew???Do yuo know any?
    And Iguana Soup???Is that legal

Ufff....I think this is it

Hopefuly you don't find my questions stupid and help me a little bit.
    I'm sorry for my english but it is not my first language.
    I am crazy Polish Gal living in Scotland

Aruba since 1979
    my answers in red
    Quote Originally Posted by monika View Post
    Hello Everyone!

I am so glad I found this board,have been reading every day and I am learning from you guys

I'm planning my first trip to Aruba 1st of october for 2 weeks.Me and my boyfriend.

We don't do any holiday package as such all inclusive and we don't have timeshare either.

So,we just booked flight tickets and looking for accomodations and any excurtions by ourself.

thanks to your board I feel almost confident with my travel-plan,but still have few questions.I hope you can help me

Q1:
    As we are budget travelers we can not afford high rise area.
    I am thinking about booking Bananas Apartments (500$ per week)
    Do you know that place?Or maybe you can recommend me some other self catering in this price?bananas is a terrific apartment complex, except it is AWAY from most everything. it is a 10 minute walk to the beach IMO you can get a studio unit timeshare for between $5-700 for that time period. go to redweek.com lacabana.com and see what is available for timeshare rentals.

Q2:
    There is so many restaurant with happy hours for dinning and drinking,how do I find about them??Just walking the street or in same leatlet??? use this site for restaurant referrals go to the culinary section, and read up. all restaurants are accessible by taxi, some by bus, some on foot. what are your likes for food and what do you want to pay for a meal and do you want wine with your dinner or mixed drink?

Q3:
    How far is Light house from Palm Beach by walk? a long HOT walk, maybe 2 - 3 miles i see lots of experienced runners make the run there, but it is difficult
    How far is from Malmok Beach to Eagle Beach by walk? arashi beach to eagle beach is about 3 - 4 miles....there is a public bus.
    Is there any path for walkers from West side of Island to East side of Island.

Q4:
    Arikok National Park-can we walk by ourself or we need a guard?or car?
    We don't drive that's why I'm asking

Q5:
    OSTRICH FARM and Donkey Sanctury-worth a visit? yes, but taxi fare will not be cheap and not on the bus route

Q6:
    local bars or tavernas,I read about same lokal small restaurant with arubian food as iguana soup or goat stew???Do yuo know any?
    And Iguana Soup???Is that legal unknown if iguana soup is legal. we have had it at the home of a friend. honestly, i loved it. NOS CONUCU has wonderful aruban food, goat stew too. we have had that at nos conucu and hubby loved it, me not so much.

go to culinary section and if you want, tell me your food budget and your likes and i will make suggestions.

will also come back to this and post bus information

hahaha a crazy polish girl in scotland....love it.
    soon you will be a crazy polish girl from scotland visiting aruba
    your english is good.

Ufff....I think this is it

Hopefuly you don't find my questions stupid and help me a little bit.
    I'm sorry for my english but it is not my first language.
    I am crazy Polish Gal living in Scotland

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.arubus.com/
    click link for bus transp. info.

NEW TAXI rates effective Sept 1 2009

click for bus info

Gosh!!! Andrea!!You are an angel! I would kiss you if i could but your dog was first..

I will post in culinary section ,thank you.

Monika:

Obviously, you are very wise going to the "Forum" with your questions. Andrea; Aruba Lisa, as well as many Forum Members are always very happy to give advice and answer questions in order for one to have a very happy experience in "Paradise," aka "One Happy Island"...and you will soon find out why it is called those names.

Have an absolutely wonderful time...everyone does; and I'm looking forward to any postings that you may make on the site.

Ed

Regarding restaurant,any cheap options are needed.
    We eat everything but fish(i know...i know....)Any cheap take aways ,restaurant with buffet style,pizzerias but not fastfood .We can not spend more than 20$ per person per dinner with one small drink maybe..
    And the most important we need recommendation for the best restaurant with live music,good choice of meat dishes and mixed drinks.We planning go to nice reataurant and spend about $150-170 for both of us,have a good time ,good food and good music And the restaurant MUST be on bus route...:0 by the beach...

I count on your taste and knowledge Guys..

I agree that you can find a timeshare rental for around $700 per week or less. I did tonnes of research and have found that it's really a renter's market out there. There are so many TS owners DESPERATE to rent their units out. Go to Redweek or to the individual timeshare sites like Paradise Village or La Cabana, check sellmytimesharenow.com, timsharerentals.com or post on the forum. Then bargain, I did and you will be amazed at what great deals you can get. I am very pleased for what I paid for two weeks at Casa Del Mar in a 2 bdrm, 2 bathroom unit. In fact, it's great for us as my other sister from London, UK is now joining us for a week. For any Londoners out there, advice on cheapest flight to Aruba from Gatwick or Heathrow please?

i am just checking TS and I send email to few owners.Thank you

Very cheap flights to Aruba from london...go to Thomsonfly and you can find last minute direct flights for about 400 per person.I am doing that way,waiting till early september and then make a booking for october.The best price I ve found 260 in may 1 week before departure