Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: First Visit to Aruba

Talking First Visit to Aruba

I just want to say that you guys on this network rock. I learned sooo much about Aruba that I can't wait to get there.

In 3 days my wife, Dena, and I are going down for the first time to celebrate our 27th wedding anniversary. We're staying at the Westin from the 19th - 24th. Our schedule is pretty flexible. I just have a couple of loose ends to tie up that I hope you can help with...

I contacted Bully for airport pickup and drop off. Is the fee per person?

We arrive in Aruba by 2:30pm. What would you recommend to do on our arrival day just to get aquainted with things?

Al
    Last edited by al_s; 05-16-2011 at 08:06 AM. Reason: wording incorrect

Taxi (Bully) fees in Aruba include two adults, two bags and standard airline carry-on's.

Aruba is a long flight from most of America, even the non-stop flights, so you may want to rest for a few minutes. But walking the beach and watching sunset (about 7pm this time of year) are two things we do first. And there is a wealth of restaurants, shops, etc opposite the Hi-rise hotels so a evening stroll may be in order.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/sigma/Aruba_Taxi_Fares.pdf
    click the above link for taxi fare chart.

the fare from airport to the westin is $25 not including tip.
    there is no fee per person. it is per taxi.

once you arrive, it should be close to check in time.
    throw on some beach clothes, head down to the westin's beach,
    get a cold beverage and relax.

you may want to start your evening off with a light dinner at salt and pepper where "tapas is the main item".
    or
    inquire about pago pago at the westin, see if there are open reservations for your first night and let chef matt boland "wow you". not an inexpensive place, but not too far out of sight.

Quote Originally Posted by al_s View Post
    I just want to say that you guys on this network rock. I learned sooo much about Aruba that I can't wait to get there.

In 3 days my wife, Dena, and I are going down for the first time to celebrate our 27th wedding anniversary. We're staying at the Westin from the 19th - 24th. Our schedule is pretty flexible. I just have a couple of loose ends to tie up that I hope you can help with...

I contacted Bully for airport pickup and drop off. Is the fee per person?

We arrive in Aruba by 2:30pm. What would you recommend to do on our arrival day just to get aquainted with things?

Al

Aruba since 1979
    maybe too that evening, take a walk around the hi rise /palm beach area or take a horse and carriage ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

once you arrive, it should be close to check in time.
    throw on some beach clothes, head down to the westin's beach,
    get a cold beverage and relax.

you may want to start your evening off with a light dinner at salt and pepper where "tapas is the main item".
    or
    inquire about pago pago at the westin, see if there are open reservations for your first night and let chef matt boland "wow you". not an inexpensive place, but not too far out of sight.

Quote Originally Posted by jdoll View Post
    Taxi (Bully) fees in Aruba include two adults, two bags and standard airline carry-on's.

...and for anyone else reading this...taxis by law may carry up to a maximum of 5 people.

Thanks All.

Bully just emailed me. Any other suggestions for a cab driver to the Westin?

Just an added comment...for what it is worth...but, the first thing I would do is "Thank God that I landed safely and have an opportunity to enjoy 'Paradise,' aka 'One Happy Island.'"

Congratulations on your 27th Wedding Anniversary trip and have an absolutely wonderful time.

Ed

Aruba since 1979
    one of the best things about the aruba airport is there is no shortage of cab drivers.

step outside the luggage area to the outdoors and many many cabs will be lined up to your left.
    before you get in, reaffirm with your driver that he/she uses the govt impose rates.

the taxi drivers for the most part are honest and reliable....real good people and very helpful.
    there have been reported instances that some few unsavory characters try to take advantage. make sure you COMMUNICATE before you hop in for a ride.
    airport to westin govt set fee is $25 not including tip and including 1 suitcase and 1 carry on per person. maximum is 5 people.

make sure you COMMUNICATE before you hop in for a ride.
    airport to westin govt set fee is $25 not including tip and including 1 suitcase and 1 carry on per person. maximum is 5 people.
    You know what the fare should be.

If the driver tells you anything otherwise, ask to see the fare sheet or move on to the next taxi. Like Andrea said there are plenty of taxis and unfortunately a few who will try to, let's just say, add the gratuity into their fare.

Thanks all. I'll keep you posted on the fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast