Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: flooding

We just drove to the "Do It Center" and then "Ling's"... no issues along the way but coming back, we were detoured away from going north at Superfood.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    We just drove to the "Do It Center" and then "Ling's"... no issues along the way but coming back, we were detoured away from going north at Superfood.
    When I drove down yesterday, the flooding near Chengs and the Bubali Centre was really bad. Part of the road was washed out. The surface had cracked open. Also the culvert up from ArubaBank in Hato had collapsed and the drainage ditch was partially blocked I guess they closed it off for repairs

flooding-img_1345.jpg
    Pics from my sis in-law from Nov 17ish

I imagine areas under construction (like the new road) have turned in to a mud zone.

Glad to hear the Aruba sun is back
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails flooding-img_1346.jpg  
    Last edited by __steve__; 11-22-2016 at 11:33 AM.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    so what's the latest on the roads? i spoke to the guy we rent from. he said we were high and dry (gold coast). sunday he tried to go to superfoods and when he got by the marriott, the water was up to his car door so he turned around. we arrive friday. is the sun coming out again? i know i should not be looking at the weather (i should know better after many trips) but geez, where is the sun? this same thing happened to us our very first trip with flooding and cars floating but then as per usual in Aruba, the sun came out, and was beautiful. of course the flooding was the first two days of our first trip. thank goodness aruba proved beautiful or we might not ever have gone back. now the rain won't stop us, lol.

does anybody know if places like Bingo's is back in service or Barney's (how did that weather the storm). three more days!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    so what's the latest on the roads? i spoke to the guy we rent from. he said we were high and dry (gold coast). sunday he tried to go to superfoods and when he got by the marriott, the water was up to his car door so he turned around. we arrive friday. is the sun coming out again? i know i should not be looking at the weather (i should know better after many trips) but geez, where is the sun? this same thing happened to us our very first trip with flooding and cars floating but then as per usual in Aruba, the sun came out, and was beautiful. of course the flooding was the first two days of our first trip. thank goodness aruba proved beautiful or we might not ever have gone back. now the rain won't stop us, lol.

does anybody know if places like Bingo's is back in service or Barney's (how did that weather the storm). three more days!!!
    We drove to Tierra Del Sol from Ting Wei on the night of the storm - no issues. Not sure what it'll be like in the GC development proper though.

It's sunny right now (8:00 am Aruba time).

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I just heard from the guy we rent from at Gold Coast. He said they were fine, no flooding. Getting psyched. Thanks Act for your reports, especially for those of us heading there this week. Told two other couples going this weekend not to worry

Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    Some ground floor rooms at the Renaissance got water in them as well.
    I was one of those rooms. They moved us up to the 3rd floor. View nice but we are used to walking in and out ground level with kids. I mentioned it at checkout and they took money off of my bill which was very reasonable. My carpet in thew room was like a sponge. All they did was use a wet vaccum to get the water up. Think thats going to pose other problems if not dried or handled properly.

That was very nice of them to take some money off due to the storm
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123