Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Flying from Boston Saturday 10/27 (Hurricane)

Senior Member johnyraz@live.com's Avatar
    el gocho texas de brasil madame jeanettes

Flying from Boston Saturday 10/27 (Hurricane)

Hello all,

heading to aruba this upcoming saturday. I am leaving at 9am from Boston to Aruba on a 10 day trip. Direct flight

My concern is the path of this hurricane and where it will be in regards to my flight, i will be on flight with my wife and 2 year old daughter, i wonder if we will fly around this storm or over it.

I am bad at looking at storm tracking maps and was wondering if anyone knows where this storm will be come saturday

thanks

Smile

Just keep thinking about ARUBA and you will be fine. Safe travels and have a great 10 days.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

I think I heard that it would not hit the NY NJ area until Sunday,so I think you should be fine.They are stii tracking it so who knows.Just think you will be on Aruba for ten day ENJOY..

Will you encounter turbulence? Yes. Will you be safe? YES, VERY MUCH SO.

The pilot will be looking out for his own welfare and, by association, yours too!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

The storm will only be off of south Florida on Friday.

When at all possible, planes fly AROUND storms.

The storm will only be off of Virginia by MONDAY.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 10-24-2012 at 09:34 PM.

Ny to miami then aruba on Wednesday, hopefully it is long gone

On a lounge chair..In a hut..Somewhere on the beach..
    I'm leaving out of NJ Monday morning. I hope it doesn't hit us! Just wanna get the heck out of here already!

You should pass to the east of the storm, assuming the flight follows the same path as this one:
    http://flightaware.com/live/flight/J...333Z/KBOS/TNCA

We are scheduled to leave NJ on Tuesday morning. I'm going to look into changing the flight to Sunday AM since they are predicting it "could" hit this coast Sunday nite to Tuesday nite. Don't want to chance Monday and definitely don't want to wait until Wed. If the airlines play ball with me we're gonna try for Sunday (but might not know until Saturday, which bites)...but that's OK. I'm packed (hubs is NOT)! I'm renting a unit at Playa Linda and have it starting Sunday anyway (even though they know we are not checking in until Tuesday..I will call them). This exact scenario happen to us last year with TS Lee. We were heading to New Orleans and the airline cancelled us but not until 2 hours before we were leaving for the airport! Dang Mother Nature!!!

On a lounge chair..In a hut..Somewhere on the beach..
    Elisabeth, we are doing the same thing. Supposed to leave out of Newark Monday AM. I am hearing so many mixed things about this storm. I'm going to see what the weather reports are tomorrow morning and make a decision to see if we should change anything. This stinks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast