Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Flying from Boston Saturday 10/27 (Hurricane)

Tracey...Been on the phone with the airline 3x's in the past 12 hours. Nothing they can do since its still too far away. I'm trying to leave Sunday instead but have to decide whether its worth the 600 with the hopes they reimburse us. They may not if its a voluntary change, but one of the agents told me they would (I want a 2nd opinion, LOL) If we leave 2 days later they said I can extend my trip 2 days also...so that will only cost us the extra days in a timeshare or hotel (emailed the girl we are renting from and she has availability)! ARRRRRRR

Are you on that 9:00 AM flight on United? You still may be OK at that time although they are saying it might start Sunday nite.

Now my husband says this morning..."do we really want to leave the house during such a big storm" We just bought a new one 4 months ago. Oh and to boot...we live at the SHORE!
    Last edited by elisabeth_nj; 10-26-2012 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by elisabeth_nj View Post
    Now my husband says this morning..."do we really want to leave the house during such a big storm" We just bought a new one 4 months ago. Oh and to boot...we live at the SHORE!
    Can one of your kids stay at the house?

HUH...not a problem Lisa...2 STILL live there (ones away at College though)

On a lounge chair..In a hut..Somewhere on the beach..
    Yes that's the flight I'm on. I called too, same thing, just sit and wait it out. Your husband does have a point, it has crossed my mind but I'd much rather be in Aruba. lol. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. This stinks! I hate not knowing!

So things have changed already! Looks like Monday the storm is still going to be very SOUTH of us. You should be fine! I might change to Monday (or still Sunday)...gonna check everything again tonight! Good Luck Tracey...see you on the island one way or another!!! (or maybe even on the plane)

Aruba since 1979
    check with your airlines
    the weather channel just made an announcement that USAIR, COntinental, SWA, spirit and Jet Blue are offering customers waivers on flight changes
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 10-26-2012 at 07:42 PM. Reason: added spirit

Senior Member johnyraz@live.com's Avatar
    el gocho texas de brasil madame jeanettes
    im leaving tomorrow morning from Boston, nothing i hate worse then a bumpy flight!!!

im a baby

On a lounge chair..In a hut..Somewhere on the beach..
    It's changing every second, so who knows. I am in serious denial and I don't want to watch the news. I hope it will be okay for all of us. Johny, safe flight!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12