Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Following the "happenings and current events of Aruba"

Aruba since 1979

Following the "happenings and current events of Aruba"

Aside from the tourism stuff, do you follow any kind of news in regard to the happenings on Aruba ?

It could be something like political news, current events, or things about infrastructure ?
    Really it could be anything.

I kind of glance thru it all just to make myself familiar in the event that someone makes a posting, i will have a clue.

The political stuff here in the USA are frequent/overwhelming/mind boggling/upsetting/annoying.........so quite honestly, the last thing I like reading about, are the political stories of Aruba. However the politics and policies do have an effect on tourism. Overbuilding is a huge topic and the displacement of Aruba's wildlife is something that i read about lots.

How about you? Do you follow any of the news?

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    I like to read about the improvements to the airport and/or roadwork issues like the new roundabout. i sometimes will read about events that are happening or which famous people may be on the island. That is about it, politics (yuck) enough to deal with here.

I do when friends of mine post news articles in english on Facebook, but thats really it. I'll even try to read the articles posted in Papiamento, but that usually doesn't pan out, lol

I read Angelo's newsletter and TammyZ's blog. Other than that all of the Aruba info I get is from this forum.

I try to avoid anything other than tourism news. New restaurants, tours, hotel info, that's all I care about.

Every few years I like to look into some of the political information, if I can get it in English. Since we travel there in August we are there during the rallys and political parades and I try to have some sort of an idea (but am SO soured by US politics that I don't believe most of what I read anyway!)
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    soured is a very nice word jacki.
    i have yet to use a nice word.

I read Aruba Nieuws and use the translation feature to get it in English. I read Angelo's newsletter. I am hungry for information related to Aruba. I read this forum lol. Lots of information here too!

I read about anything Aruba related. I don't always believe everything I read, though. My hubby doesn't always like when I tell him what I've "heard".

Walt, where can I find TammyZ blog?

Hoping for a 30th anniversary trip to our favorite place.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    soured is a very nice word jacki.
    i have yet to use a nice word.

Family Friendly Forum
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast