Often, when we are in Aruba for 2 weeks, we choose to eat in (at the timeshare) about 4 or 5 times.
This trip, coming up in 3+ weeks is no different, except we will have our son, daughter in law, and grandsons with us.
(they have their own unit)
To make things easy on EVERYONE, most importantly the kids (ages 2 and 11 mos) we will plan on eating in 4 nights while they are there.
So, today was cool and cloudy here in Florida........a perfect day for cooking:
1) 2 racks of baby back ribs with my bbq sauce, slow baked for 8 hours in the large roaster. These ribs are now in the freezer and are enough for all of us, with leftovers. Also 4 lbs of my sour cream and garlic mashed potatoes now made and in freezer. (salad will be made in aruba)
2) 2.5 qts pasta sauce made a few months ago with short ribs and ground beef, in freezer labeled "for aruba". Ziti will be cooked at the timeshare.
3) 2 lb Meat loaf , roasted carrots and roasted brussel sprouts.........in freezer.
4) Chicken tenderloins, rice, broccoli and cauliflower casserole...in freezer.
5) Paul's birthday chocolate mayonnaise cake (bundt style) ..in freezer. I will drizzle the icing on in Aruba.
I HATE cooking.
I really HATE cooking in Aruba. It will now be up to Paul and the rest to thaw, and prepare dinner and make salads.
I am DONE.
These things that i made here at home, freeze well, travel well and remain frozen and will arrive frozen.
It works for us.
I know many will think or comment.........too much trouble, what if it thaws and rots, why not buy the ingredients and cook it there?
But, it works for us.
Do any of you cook, freeze and bring?