Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Free WiFi

I know my new cell phone has it but what is airplane mode?

Aruba since 1979
    my iphone has airplane mode.
    i think that is the mode we put it on when the flight attendants tell us to "power down". it prevents calls and data and roaming.........i think.
    for other iphone users......maybe you could answer less "ignorantly" than i?

Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    I know my new cell phone has it but what is airplane mode?

Andrea, you are right. By putting the iphone in "Airplane" mode, it turns off the calling, data and roaming features. When you do this, just make sure that you turn on your wi-fi. This is a great feature when using Skype (free application for the iphone).

Regards,

Aruba since 1979
    also too i just did a bit of scrolling on my iphone

if you want to use your iphone only as an ipod with no internet or phone calls.....
    go to SETTINGS then to NETWORK then to CELL DATA (turn OFF) and to DATA ROAMING (turn off)

if you want to use free wifi on your device in aruba i am not sure which to keep ON.
    i plan on using my aruba cell phone for communications, my iphone for listening to music and audiobooks and my laptop for internet stuff.

i feel like i have too much stuff.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mgenestra View Post
    Yeah I was going to use my cell phone but maybe I will just bring a laptop but then will have to take it with me to one of the hotspots since I am staying at the Occidential and they don't offer free wifi

Good luck finding those hotspots!!!!

Wi-Fi

I always go to Starbucks and use my computer with the free wi-fi. Granted it's been 14 months but it worked then.

If you want to sit on the beach and have a drink and/or lunch the Amsterdam Manor's Beach Bar has free Wi Fi.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

When we were there in January we got free WiFi for the laptop by the fountains in Paseo Herencia Mall in the high rise area. We were also able to connect to the Cafe Rembrandt in South Beach Center.

When we go to Mexico, we get free wifi in the rooms, so we bring the laptop and use email, Skype and Skype phone. We don't bother bringing a cell phone. In Aruba, free wifi is tough to find and not available in the room(s). We leave the laptop home and bring an unlocked GSM cell. We can get a new SIM card installed in the airport and we are good to go. Cell service is reliable and requires no searching for a wifi connection. We can call home from our room or balcony.
    Walt
    "Vacation is what you make of it, take from it and what you leave behind."

For Radisson guests, at this time, there is complimentary wifi in the lobby.

The resort is adding wifi to all of the guest rooms at a huge investment. Right now the rooms are hard wired.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast