Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Free WiFi locations?

I know that i've seen the list before, can't seem to locate it now. Does anyone have a listing of free WiFi locations around the island?

Specifically looking for info that relates to the area in/around the Renaissance Ocean Suites as well as the Ren Marina hotel across the street.

Thank you!

Aruba since 1979
    Ren ocean suites and marina tower free in both lobbies.
    Free at dunkin donuts and Starbucks and cafe plaza at the seaport marketplace
    and free wifi at renaissance island on family side close to the restaurant.

Thanks Lisa and Andrea. Appreciate your assistance.

Aruba since 1979
    My suggestion is MIO

Buy a MIO device have it activated and have your wifi devices connected

It is a pre pay plan , can accommodate 5 devices, and for a month it is about $70 (cost of device to own, activated and use fee)

then bring the device back to aruba for next visit and pay again but only about $30

it is a portable personal hotspot .

the mio store is directly across the street on the corner from the xerox place downtown near sero blanco (the texaco station set up on a hill and McDonald's nearby )
    http://www.mioaruba.com/
    sorry for typing I am on iPhone in Miami airport
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 05-17-2013 at 03:22 PM.

That sounds like a good idea, too, Andrea. Is the useage limited to a certain amount of data for the $70? What is the actual name of the store? I can picture the area where the Texaco station is- I think we've passed it when walking to either El Gaucho or Driftwood when coming from the Ren. Safe travels!

Aruba since 1979
    I think 4 gb which is plenty for husband and my needs. The name of store is mio and you would not have passed it walking to elgaucho. From the ren head toward Pinchos and go 3/4 way around rotary. Then head straight for 1/4 mile.
    Mio on left across from Xerox. It is close to the seroe blanco neighborhood (big texaco station on hill on right)
    if you get to the texaco station you have gone too far. The building is yellowish in color.

sorry still on iphone

Thanks for the follow up info. Sounds like it may fit our needs!

On another note, did any new restaurant ever go into the former spot occupied by Rumba? Just curious, as it was still empty on our last visit in June, 2011. Nice and convenient to the Ren. Thanks.

Aruba since 1979
    Yes "yemanja"
    good rereviews enter yemanja in search feature top right