Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Free WIFI @ your resort?

Aruba since 1979

Free WIFI @ your resort?

If your resort has FREE wifi.....please tell us the name of the resort, how the wifi reception is.

Thanks

Paradise Beach Villas has been having wifi issues of years. We used to pay the Setar fee of $35/wk for wifi but reception was so spotty we gave up. For the past couple of years I've been walking down to the lobby/library and sitting there to use free wifi. It's limited in range.

Recent notices have indicated they are doing an upgrade and that there will soon be free wifi across the property.

Surf Club has free Wi-Fi. I have never had any problems connecting.

The wifi at the Ritz is free and is terrific. They have wifi that is as fast as home anywhere on the property, even the beach.

Amsterdam Manor has always had free Wifi - connections are good whether in your room, on your balcony, or even on the beach and beach bar.
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Hope this isn't drifting off-topic but... we've had WAY better performance by setting up our mobile phones as WiFi hotspots and connecting to the Internet that way. Much better than our spotty SETAR cable land-line and no dead spot limitations (where you can't get a connection).

I suspect it's because the SETAR LTE network is a lot easier to maintain and upgrade (because the infrastructure is all above ground).

The Marriott Ocean Club has free wifi - reception is is fine

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Costa Linda charges $35 a week.

I don't even know what this means, lol. I am not a tech person at all. Wifi hot spot ????...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Hope this isn't drifting off-topic but... we've had WAY better performance by setting up our mobile phones as WiFi hotspots and connecting to the Internet that way. Much better than our spotty SETAR cable land-line and no dead spot limitations (where you can't get a connection).

I suspect it's because the SETAR LTE network is a lot easier to maintain and upgrade (because the infrastructure is all above ground).

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    Amsterdam Manor has always had free Wifi - connections are good whether in your room, on your balcony, or even on the beach and beach bar.
    That must be new! Free wifi was only available in the office a few years ago. Nice
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast