Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Frozen meat

Frozen meat

Can I bring frozen steaks and hamburg into Aruba????Someone told me you have to go through some channel. I thought I had brought frozen meat before?

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Every year, our friends bring frozen meats. Also know several others who do. No one has ever had a problem with it. The meat stays frozen no problem.

Aruba since 1979
    correct, legally no.

if you choose to, it goes in checked luggage, frozen solid, wrapped in newspaper in a soft sided cooler type of container.

we bring a few cooked dinners...and have brought stuff such as pot roast and veggies, chili, sauce and meat w/ pasta.
    we freeze it in lock n lock containers , and pack in our checked as i mentioned above.

Thanks I know I brought sauce and steaks last time... but couple we are going with said she read you couldn't
    so just checking

[/url]

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    I see where people bring meat and other foods a lot and wonder why. Seems like taking up a lot of space for something you can get at any grocery store on Aruba. What is the upside on bringing hamburger meat to Aruba? Not judging, just curious.

I don't know but we were going to do omaha steaks package and take it..

[/url]

Aruba since 1979
    the upside on bringing hamburger meat to aruba? no real upside as good ground beef can be bought there.
    in my case, the upside into bringing frozen cooked meals......
    well, we do not go out to dinner every night. nor am i wild about cooking (at home or in aruba) , but i cook better than paul so it is my job.
    if i am prepping a red pasta sauce with chopped meat or sausage at home and freeze 12 or more qts of it, it makes perfect sense to me to bring a qt of it to aruba to have with pasta.
    same goes with meat loaf. if i make a meat loaf at home and we eat half, the other half gets frozen and brought to aruba.
    if i make chicken divan, and freeze it in portions, some could get taken with us.

again, cooking is not my favorite activity, but when i do cook i make in large amnts so that I can freeze in portions to eliminate lots of cooking.

today for example i had about 10-12 qts of chili slow cooking in crock pots!

itll be cool soon, then divieded and put into the freezer.

so the upside of bringing hamburger.......i see no upside.

the upside for us is having frozen prepared meals (yes i do have to buy salad fixings) so that cooking is at a minimum while in aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    I see where people bring meat and other foods a lot and wonder why. Seems like taking up a lot of space for something you can get at any grocery store on Aruba. What is the upside on bringing hamburger meat to Aruba? Not judging, just curious.

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    In prime bbq grilling season I have been known to grind my own hamburger blend. If someone is super particular about what goes into their burgers I could see the upside to bringing your own. That being said when in Aruba I have no problem buying what they have in the store. Now prepared meals would be fantastic but since we do the park sleep fly thing its not really an option.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

when we went last june....me, hubby, son and 4 of his friends(18 yr olds) we packed 6 lbs of taylor ham, 5 lbs of bacon, 5 lbs of breakfast sausages and I packed a whole filet mignon and butchered it there. all that cost me less than $80.00. I do not even want to think what it would have cost there.....lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast