Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: The Funniest Things You Have Seen or Heard While On Aruba

The Funniest Things You Have Seen or Heard While On Aruba

I'm sure that everyone has seen or over heard something that had you rolling on the ground in laughter, or shaking your head in amusement. I'll get the ball rolling:

I was staying at CPV on my second visit to Aruba, and some kids were swimming and playing it the pool was a slight downpour began to come down(not too heavy). A lady who I guessed was their mother ran out from her room yelling,
    "Oh My Gawd!! You kids get outta da pool! Can't you see it's raining?"
    Last edited by vallond; 11-17-2015 at 10:07 AM.

Aruba since 1979
    We were at DePalm Island a number of years ago.
    Laying (quite uncomfortably on a lounge) was an older man wearing a huge orange life vest.
    He never took it off. He wore it thru the food/restaurant line. He wore it walking around.
    We never saw him enter the water.
    I guess he was prepared in the event he fell in or there was a tsunami.
    It was very funny.

Another time, we were driving downtown.
    The car in front of us had a pony in the back seat of a toyota tercel.
    Its head was out the window and its tail the other window.
    Crazy funny.

Hmmm.
    I don't know if it falls into this category, but I recall a few years ago sitting around the Pizza Per Tutti at the Tamarijn,
    and there was a gent there with his lady, friendly enough, talkative, you know, the way most of us are on vacation.
    Sitting and chatting with numerous people. All's good.
    Then he and his lady decide to depart, and, as he stands up to leave, he promptly took the waistband of the shorts he had on
    (up around his waist, where one would assume they belong...) and proceeded to pull them down to just above his knees.
    Apparently it was necessary for everyone at the resort to know what kind of underwear he had on.

Literally, when he was out of earshot, the majority of the people around the bar looked at each other then, yes, burst out laughing.

Yup... takes all kinds.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ratt View Post
    Hmmm.
    I don't know if it falls into this category, but I recall a few years ago sitting around the Pizza Per Tutti at the Tamarijn,
    and there was a gent there with his lady, friendly enough, talkative, you know, the way most of us are on vacation.
    Then he and his lady decide to depart, and, as he stands up to leave, he promptly took the waistband of the shorts he had on
    (up around his waist, where one would assume they belong...) and proceeded to pull them down to just above his knees.
    Apparently it was necessary for everyone at the resort to know what kind of underwear he had on.

Literally, when he was out of earshot, the majority of the people around the bar looked at each other then, yes, burst out laughing.

Yup... takes all kinds.
    Thanks for absolutely the best laugh I have had in a while!!!

The funniest?

Beach wedding as the couple were exchanging vows, short, rounded man
    in tight black speedo, stood right in front of gazebo.
    He was facing the wedding party and wouldn't move!!!!!

Another wedding my niece congratulated a bride whom just was married
    she was already arguing with her husband, that he was checking out my niece watching
    the ceremony in her bathing suit.

The bride said a very nasty comment to my niece, then hurled her ring into the water.
    Guess what, it POURED ALL NIGHT, reception was moved off beach, she was drenched...... the witch.....KARMA...

Aruba since 1979
    good thing he was not commando
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ratt View Post
    Hmmm.

Yup... takes all kinds.

While heading up the escalator on the way to the immigration hall, this one guy could not wait and decided to run up the escalator slipping past people as he went. As soon as he got to the very top he some how managed to trip and fall. It took him a few tries before he was finally able to stand up and resume walking rather quickly, as he was most likely very embarrassed by his action.

While out eating there was a group at a nearby table that was a mix of visitors and locals. One of the locals was talking about a time when they lost power for most of the day and how there were a lot of things that they were unable to do. One of the visitors asked rather loudly, "Would your toilets still work without electricity?"

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Banana Boats/Hammocks ----and I'm not talking about the water sports!! A/K/A old men in speedos who look more like Homer Simpson I suppose it is good to have confidence in yourself? Good for them

At least they had their speedos on. Last trip there was an older couple who both just stripped down naked to change into dry clothes! It was not pretty!

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    At least they had their speedos on. Last trip there was an older couple who both just stripped down naked to change into dry clothes! It was not pretty!
    Yes, same I saw a similar couple last year right by our room who did the same thing each afternoon. Not that I was looking or anything :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast