Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Geocaching In Aruba

Aruba since 1979
    it is hugely popular here in the USA and in the UK.
    the reason i posted here is because, this morning in the pouring rain I watched a young couple looking and handling the ball washer thing on the golf course across the street from my house. they saw me watching, and when i went out with the dog, they approached me and told me they were on a geocache. they said there'd probably be about 50 more people come by today. there is a notbook in a plastic baggie attached to the ballwasher, they sign and then move on to the next thing.

i think it sounds like fun, although in aruba, it would be difficult to drag my fat buttocks off the beach and off on this type of scavenger hunt.

disclosure: paul and i participate in scavenger hunts (hidden mickeys) at disney.

this kind of stuff is fun for many!!
    Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    So basically you play hide and seek with a gps. Think I will just snorkel and play golf.

I mentioned this to my husband as something we should like in to, more for at home than Aruba, but he wasn't too excited. He asked what you win and when I said nothing, he lost all interest. Thanks for sharing, I work in GIS and I am interested to see how many in my office already know about this and are doing it.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    it is hugely popular here in the USA and in the UK.
    the reason i posted here is because, this morning in the pouring rain I watched a young couple looking and handling the ball washer thing on the golf course across the street from my house. they saw me watching, and when i went out with the dog, they approached me and told me they were on a geocache. they said there'd probably be about 50 more people come by today. there is a notbook in a plastic baggie attached to the ballwasher, they sign and then move on to the next thing.

i think it sounds like fun, although in aruba, it would be difficult to drag my fat buttocks off the beach and off on this type of scavenger hunt.

disclosure: paul and i participate in scavenger hunts (hidden mickeys) at disney.

this kind of stuff is fun for many!!
    Probably not going to have to worry about pouring rain on Aruba.

Aruba since 1979
    from your mouth to God's ears bob!
    Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    Probably not going to have to worry about pouring rain on Aruba.

We will stick to GeoHashing!
    If you put some html here, you could create a countdown ticker, but we don't care, we're going in May 2018! Yay!

My daughter started doing this last summer. At one point, we searched and searched around her softball field after a game where there was to be a geocache, but couldn't find anything. I go on the geocaching website, and it appears there are geocaches in Aruba. We will be there June 6-15, and I will report back if the kids partake.

And on another note, the geocaching website gives interesting tidbits of info about Aruba and the geocache sites.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12