Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Getting fed up with terrible customer service here. . .

tom, florida over aruba? nooooooo

Having essentially grown up in Fort Lauderdale, I can attest to the customer service challenges and the questionable weather. That's what Aruba has going for it: the guaranteed weather. I can understand the challenges of trying to live in Aruba full-time and running into pronounced customer service issues... but then you walk outside.

Customer service has taken a nose-dive in most industries and countries... partially due to down-sizing/economic times but also because of the Internet: a lot of people have 'instant' expectations - the travel agency model is dying as a result of it. But, when you find a great customer service rep, you should praise them to their manager and tip (if it's a service person) like crazy. We remember each and every waiter/waitress we've ever had a good experience with and demand to be seated in their section - to the point of waiting for a table to free up. There are good customer service people in each institution in Aruba... you just have to find them. They're worth the wait.

Andrea - I was shocked to read your Disney experience - they're renowned for their customer service... I hope the supervisor rectified everything to a tee.

One more thing: I couldn't do those jobs anymore (I was a waiter when I was younger)... the 'expectation' part has so radically changed that I think it's one of the toughest jobs in the world to be a CSR now... and the pay hasn't caught up to that yet.

Sorry for your problems on Aruba but if you look at the alternative...back in the States with crazy unpredictable weather, Hurricanes in Florida, bumber to number traffic, ,,,,,I could go on...but you get my point.. Stay and work it out, you would be sorry otherwise.
    Hope venting is all you needed to get back to Paradise !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Watch "Ice Lake Rebels", the extend people go to live off the grid and not to have to deal with authorities LOL

Having lived in both places for about the same time (a little less in Fla) I would say in Aruba all the customer service issues can be great or bad. Depends on what you have to do
    Last edited by lizzardo; 09-26-2014 at 11:03 AM. Reason: admin suggested
    Aruba Kitten Rescue www.arubakitten.org

no comment
    Last edited by lizzardo; 09-26-2014 at 11:03 AM.
    Aruba Kitten Rescue www.arubakitten.org

Can this be compared to "you really don't know someone until you live with them"?

You really don't know a location until you've lived there.

A native to the island will have grown up with things as they are and know nothing else, these things are acceptable to them. I would never want to be in a customer service related field. I feel customer service reps have gotten short tempered because customers have gotten more and more demanding. I believe it is a result of life in general and so much negativity that we all get now having so much available via social media as well as the middle-class getting the squeeze.

Even though many of us feel that Arubans are friendly, there are probably a group that see tourists as outsiders and don't like being intruded upon, regardless of the fact that tourism keeps their economy afloat.

Well, thank you all for your comments. Right now I am still trying to sell my house at a reasonable return on investment. I am looking for about a 3 to 5% return which is not that bad. I am in a great neighborhood and have done a bunch of improvements while I have been here. So far after after 18 months of a listing, I have had 3 lookers. Only one was a serious buyer but never got back to us. . . . Come this spring I am going to take a vacation trip to Charleston, South Carolina to look around (waiting for my passport renewal). I am hearing a lot of good things about the area and that maybe to place for Stanley and I to go. . . .

So to all, thanks again for your comments and I will let you all know what happens. . . . Till then, we are still: Tom and Stanley (the Aruba Guys)

hope we meet up, arrive oct 18..

pls pm me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast