Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: GI Virus (?)

I just returned from Aruba a few days ago. Was there for 2 weeks and had the GI bug for almost a week. Symptoms started exactly 24 hours after I arrived. It was terrible. Lots of Immodium, fluids and resting under a palm tree worked but it sure put a damper on the trip. However, glad to say that I did get better and got to enjoy some fun in the sun!!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    EBB - hope both you and Nancy are feeling better!
    Thanks for your thoughts. We are.

Great things happening/going to here at the AM.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.

Well, hopefully we were lucky. We're just getting over the Flu here in Nice sunny ( 60 degrees ) Boston. We'll be arriving on the island in 12 days. Hopefully we'll leave all the germs back here.

Boca Prins, Mangel Halto & just about any spot with my little family.
    We were there 2 wks ago, and no one got sick. The baby was a little sick before we left, starting with an ear infection that got worse while there, but nothing GI related, thankfully. We all had that norovirus just before Christmas. Had to call in Nana for reinforcement! I hope you don't get sick and like everyone said, just practice good handwashing.

If you do get sick, Dr. Habibe in Noord is the man to see! Contact your hotel for help if need be but the virus kinds goes away on it's own (if it's the norovirus) in 12-24 hrs with rest and fluids. And I do know that it is making it's rounds in Massachusetts...I am originally from there and have lots of family and friends there still.

Keeping fingers crossed for a HEALTHY & FUN trip for you!
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

We were there weeks 4&5. No GI issues. Several folks had head colds in Aruba. I took mine to go and had it at home (in MA).

Been here almost two months and there are so many people sick with uppper resp. type infections. Went to the Botica the other day for antibiotics for my sore throat, swollen glands, etc. and they said seems like 3/4 of the island is sick with cold and flu type symptoms!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12