Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 2 Post By miky2884
  • 2 Post By miky2884
  • 1 Post By Booya

Thread: A gift to give

Red face A gift to give

We have just come back from Aruba and my son made a friend there. We were going to buy him a new soccer ball as his was down to the core and my son who's six wanted to get him a new one. Unfortunately the day we were leaving was the only time we could go and just before going to the store to Search out a ball our youngest son had a diaper blowout and of course it was the ONLY time I was not prepared. So the long and short of it was a diaper less, nude boy went into the car and we rushed back to the house with no soccer ball to give to my oldest son's friend. I'm hopping that someone from Calgary, Ab is going to Aruba and would drop a soccer ball that we could send with you off for a little boy at his friends home. They live sooo close the the Marrot... The first left out from the traffic circle. A 1 min drive from that hotel. And really so close to all the high rise hotels. Please message me if you think this is possible to do for two distant friends. thanks a "Momma"

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.
    that is VERY generous and kind of you to make certain this child gets his ball.

i hope that someone in your area can deliver........if not, can the ball be deflated and maybe sent to another forum member that can deliver maybe sooner?

sorry to hear of the diaper blow out OMG

Id be glad to bring one with me in April when I go and delivery it (i know its a little ways away still)

Oh wow, that would be wonderful mily 2884. It will give the boys time to get in a couple of letters in back and forth. The boys name is Sheldon and he is the sweetest boy, with a nice family. My son and him played soccer and other boy games they made up every night after we got home from our adventures of the day.
    What part of Calgary do you live in? Ill collect the ball and deflate closer to the date you leave and then we can organize myself to get it to you.... So happy!
    Just told my son.. He's jumping up and down

Have you been there before, is that a pic of you in Aruba on your profile pic?

happy that a child will get a unexpected surprise....

I am not from Canada i am from the States, however I have no problem doing this for you. I can get a soccer ball from a local sporting store by me and bring it with me in April.
    Yes I have been to Aruba many times usually visit once a year. That pic is of my wife and I at the Natural pool.
    Give me more specifics of the house address etc and as April gets closer we can get everything figured out. Id be glad to help you out.

The house is literally the first left from the traffic circle/round about at the Marrot and the new hotel that is being built. Ill email you the details closer too the date.
    When in April just so I have a time line as to when I should mail you some moola for the soccer ball.

Memories are made of good deeds. I am sure that the youngster will be delighted and how extremely nice of miky2884 to be so accommodating.

Booya, welcome to the "Forum" to both you and your family.

Ed

I am going April 12th- the 21st

Baby Beach and the Marriott Ocean Club smokey joes and happy hour by the beach
    If you would like him to have it sooner i am leaving thursday 12/6 and staying at the ocean club i could deliver it for you.just let me know i have a bunch off soccer balls 2 kids that play year round.
    Scott