Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Jacki
  • 1 Post By Jacki
  • 2 Post By ladder4

Thread: Giving Back/Volunteering in Aruba

Giving Back/Volunteering in Aruba

I searched the forum a few times with different search criteria, but don't see anything recent about volunteering.

I'm looking to take a day of our upcoming vacation to spend giving back. I did see a link with contact info for the orphanages on the island - that is right up our alley being a foster/adoptive family.

Where would I find information on beach clean up? Or other organizations that would allow us to help out?
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/aruba-vacations...er-vacations-0

click above link!
    what a nice thing of your family to consider ��

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    I searched the forum a few times with different search criteria, but don't see anything recent about volunteering.

I'm looking to take a day of our upcoming vacation to spend giving back. I did see a link with contact info for the orphanages on the island - that is right up our alley being a foster/adoptive family.

Where would I find information on beach clean up? Or other organizations that would allow us to help out?

Email response from Desiree Eldering at Donkey Sanctuary Aruba (I asked if there was an age requirement):

"You just have to show up at 9am at the entrance, tell the volunteers you came to help that morning and they are happy to show you how it works. Kids can help as well."
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

will have to remember to buy an extra bag or 2 of carrots and apples to drop off at the donkey sanctuary !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Jacki, I too was also thinking the same thing. We took our sons to the island 2 weeks ago for their first time after all the hype we told them about the island we went to the windy side and all along the rocks all you saw was trash. So next time we go I'm buying some large trash bags and I'm going to go for a walk along the shore and do my own cleanup!!!!!!