Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By Sue M.
  • 2 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By danadog56
  • 3 Post By WaltVB

Thread: Glamping. If available would you try?

Aruba since 1979

Glamping. If available would you try?

GLAMPING= a new kind of travel, "glamorous camping".

I have always said that my idea of camping is the laundry view room at a Holiday Inn.

http://www.caribjournal.com/2017/06/...54ea-188991889

Check out this Glamping and regular room resort in the BVI.

I am not a big outdoorsy kind of person, but if something like this were available on Aruba and was not ungodly expensive, I think we'd try it.
    Keywords: real bathroom, bug protection, good fan or air-conditioning, bed linens, electric outlets, wifi, large enough safe to lock valuables.

Glamping, could be a big maybe for me.

(disclosure.....we did camping in an RV at Disney's Ft Wilderness and it was NOT horrible. I actually enjoyed it.)

My idea of camping is a color tv and air conditioning. No camping for this girl. Sorry but it is just not for me. I live in the country and like to be outdoors but not sleep there even in a camper.
    Last edited by Sue M.; 06-17-2017 at 02:15 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    hhahahahaha
    aren't all tvs now color?

Quote Originally Posted by Sue M. View Post
    My idea of camping is a color tv and air conditioning. No camping for this girl. Sorry but it is just not for me. I live in the country and like to be outdoors but not sleep there even in a camper.

I don't know, those tents are pretty inviting.....and of course the hotel does offer a restaurant and other amenities,
    I'm thinking if they were somewhere nice, like the ones in Savenata I might try them.....but the price also has to be reasonable since we already have the timeshares I wouldn't spend more than what I would spend on a normal vacation...
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Aruba since 1979
    my thoughts exactly
    i think i could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    I don't know, those tents are pretty inviting.....and of course the hotel does offer a restaurant and other amenities,
    I'm thinking if they were somewhere nice, like the ones in Savenata I might try them.....but the price also has to be reasonable since we already have the timeshares I wouldn't spend more than what I would spend on a normal vacation...

Novel idea and I was in all the way up to "no A/C". I don't need A/C constantly, but it is nice to have after being out all day on the beach or by the pool. It also cuts down on the humidity and makes the ice in my gin last longer

Something to think about.
    Used to camp all the time. However in 5th wheels with "everything" in it. Including a color TV ..haha