Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: GLOBAL ENTRY @ US Customs ARUBAor is it only Passport Control ?

Exclamation To avoid long lines and promote more efficiency Airport introduces automated passport

To avoid long lines and promote more efficiency Airport introduces automated passport control For US bound passengers

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...14550875233924

"ORANJESTAD, Aruba – 8 di december 2014:
    Aruba Airport Authority N.V. proudly introduces a new system to check passports at Aeropuerto Internacional Reina Beatrix. The computers, known as “Automated Passport Contol Kiosks” (APC kiosks) have already been installed and are being put into service this week. Among invitees, the minister of tourism, together with Aruba Airport Authority N.V. presented this new service to passengers and the entire community. As such, of the more than 300 international airports across the U.S.A. Aruba is the 27th that has APC kiosks to process passengers by means of these automated systems. Aruba is the only airport in the Caribbean to have APC Kiosks.

These kiosks were acquired from Vancouver Airport Authority and are BorderXpress kiosks, which will greatly improve the customs process for passengers traveling to the U.S.A. The automated system is available to U.S .passport holders and U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents (LPR) and all Canadian passport holders. The kiosks will also recognize registration of all passengers from the 38 countries that do not require a U.S. Entry Visa that have a “Visa Waiver” completed with ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization), which include Australia, Japan, Germany, the Netherlands and England.

President & CEO of Vancouver International Airport (YVR), Craig Richmond, expressed that they are very enthusiastic for partnering with Aruba Airport Authority. “As an airport, we understand the importance of implementing innovative solutions to help passengers get to their destinations quickly, efficiently and safely. Working with Aruba Airport is a unique and exciting opportunity for us to bring our BorderXpress Automated Passport Control solution and pre-clearance expertise to locations outside of the U.S. or Canada and improve the border clearance process for international travelers,” Richmond commented.

James Fazio, C.E.O. of Aruba Airport Authority, strongly believes that adding APC kiosks will benefit all US bound passengers, and allow US CBP in Aruba to streamline their enforcement processes. James Fazio expressed: “This is the first step in a much larger project that will conclude in the coming years to stream line the passenger flow at the airport. This strategic purchase will benefit the nearly 60% of total departing passenger bound for US destinations from Aruba by reducing wait times at US CBP pre-clearance and ultimately facilitate a more positive outbound passenger experience”.

The introduction of the kiosks is taking place during a heavy travel period, when Aruba in general and Aruba Airport Authority N.V. experience the high season, with a high concentration of visitors. With different additional flights and a higher flow of even more users, another record season is predicted for Aeropuerto Internacional Reina Beatrix and Aruba’s tourism. Aruba Airport Authority N.V. is determined and makes every efforts through million dollar investments in among other infrastructure, equipment and personnel training, to continue offering high quality and superior level of service in the region, where the visitor experience is every day better from arrival through departure."

BUT in the pictures they just posted, the Airport Authority is showing both the APC AND GE kiosks.

Again, only the Aruban government knows the answer to the question?
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 12-09-2014 at 12:46 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    i have not heard from the ATA re: this GE or Passport Control

Aruba since 1979
    This is where i got my info: Posted YESTERDAY on Aruba Airport Facebook page by the Aruba Airport Authority.

Aruba Airport
    We have 10 Automated Passport Control Kiosks and 4 Global Entry Kiosks in use as of yesterday.

Like · Reply · 4 hours ago

If they have Global Entry kiosks... I'm paying the $100 for each family member as it is well worth it.

We just returned from Aruba yesterday. When you get into US Customs and walk through the door, to the right are the global entry kiosks which had no one in line, and to the left are the Passport kiosks which had a good sized line. My husband has global entry and I do not so he went with me through the kiosks. It scans your passport, takes your picture, and asks you the custom form questions about whether you have any food with you etc so you don't have to fill out a form any more. Then it prints a receipt with your picture. You go through the customs line to see an agent. The agent asked us the country of our citizenship, if we had anything to declare, where we stayed and took the picture receipt. That took less than 10 seconds and we were on our way to collect our bags to drop off luggage on the airline belt and go through the second security point. For this trip we were the first flight out on Delta so shorter lines than a later flight. I would guessglobal entry would have saved us 20 minutes or so. I should have had him go through that line and time how long it took me to come through.

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for the info
    Quote Originally Posted by AhhAruba View Post
    We just returned from Aruba yesterday. When you get into US Customs and walk through the door, to the right are the global entry kiosks which had no one in line, and to the left are the Passport kiosks which had a good sized line. My husband has global entry and I do not so he went with me through the kiosks. It scans your passport, takes your picture, and asks you the custom form questions about whether you have any food with you etc so you don't have to fill out a form any more. Then it prints a receipt with your picture. You go through the customs line to see an agent. The agent asked us the country of our citizenship, if we had anything to declare, where we stayed and took the picture receipt. That took less than 10 seconds and we were on our way to collect our bags to drop off luggage on the airline belt and go through the second security point. For this trip we were the first flight out on Delta so shorter lines than a later flight. I would guessglobal entry would have saved us 20 minutes or so. I should have had him go through that line and time how long it took me to come through.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12