Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Going in 6 wks/ have questions..Renaissance Ocean Suites

Our last trip was 10 years ago (without kids). This time we're going with another family and bringing our 9 year old daughter and the other family has 2 kids, 9 and 14. I want to make sure they love it as much as we did!

We're staying at the Marriott Renaissance in Town. I've got a few questions since our last trips were a long time ago.

Is there any way we can spend time at the beaches and pools of the resorts on Palm Beach? Do any of them offer a day pass for a fee? We'd love to hang out at the beach there and get lounge chairs and some shade under the palm trees. Or is that impossible?

Is the Black Hog still around? Do they still have go cart racing and that huge arcade?

Does the Marriott Renaissance have mini fridges that have little freezers?

Has anyone been to the Morgan Cove water park recently? I can't seem to find much info on it. Does anyone recommend any other water park? Our kids love water parks!

And lastly, for now, it looks like the new mall has bowling, indoor rock climbing, surfing, etc. Any feedback on that?

Can't wait...it's our first vacation in 10 years as a family.

I can't answer many of your questions but I do know that the water park is closed. It has been closed for over a year. It wasn't open for too long! Also, someone correct me if I am wrong, but I also believe that the go cart track is gone as well. Wish I could help with more, but I can't. Have a great time!! We travel with my kids every year and they always find fun things to do. I am sure your daughter will have a great time!!!

I know the black hog is closed and the arcade and go carts are gone. Welcome back and have a GREAT time.
    Next Aruba trip in

Noooo, the Black Hog can't be closed. Our friends are crazy and we told them about the bar stool racing. Oh well...I guess we'll just have to devise our own.

When we visited on a cruise, we rented some chairs and floats at a stand next to the Hyatt. Hyatt let us dine, use restrooms, and visit, but couldn't use the pool unless we were staying there. Our kids are 9 and 11, and we plan to do at least a Jolly Pirates ropeswing sailing, if not the snorkel/swing. We all had a good time with that last time we were there. Also thinking we will try trikes-aruba - seems like something everyone will like. You may want to check those out.

Quote Originally Posted by Island-girl View Post
    Our last trip was 10 years ago (without kids). This time we're going with another family and bringing our 9 year old daughter and the other family has 2 kids, 9 and 14. I want to make sure they love it as much as we did!

Quote Originally Posted by sandy View Post
    When we visited on a cruise, we rented some chairs and floats at a stand next to the Hyatt. Hyatt let us dine, use restrooms, and visit, but couldn't use the pool unless we were staying there. Our kids are 9 and 11, and we plan to do at least a Jolly Pirates ropeswing sailing, if not the snorkel/swing. We all had a good time with that last time we were there. Also thinking we will try trikes-aruba - seems like something everyone will like. You may want to check those out.
    The kids will love the Jolly Pirates. There is more info at http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/jolly%20pirates.html

If I am not mistaken, you can bring your own gear and snorkel right within the cove at Renaissance Island as well. If needed, someone here can also probably comment on the possibility of snorkel rentals there as well.

Is there any way we can spend time at the beaches and pools of the resorts on Palm Beach?
    There are vendors all along Palm beach who rent umbrellas and chaises. IF there is a group of you, try to negotiate with one of the vendors at the south end of the Radisson property. Bugaloe is right there for affordable lunch and pack your own beverages in a soft sided cooler.

Do any of them offer a day pass for a fee? We'd love to hang out at the beach there and get lounge chairs and some shade under the palm trees. Or is that impossible?
    The Occidental and Riu offer all inclusive day passes, price ranges $75-$100 pp respectively. The Radisson I also believe is offering day passes, both all inclusive or chaise and palapa. If you are interested in any specific day passes, always verify with the resort beforehand. The sales are usually based upon hotel occupancy.

Is the Black Hog still around? Do they still have go cart racing and that huge arcade?
    Indeed long gone.

Has anyone been to the Morgan Cove water park recently? I can't seem to find much info on it. Does anyone recommend any other water park? Our kids love water parks!
    Also long gone.

Some additional info on activities with kids
    When we have traveled with another family with kids, the highlights have been the Donkey Sanctuary and Jolly Pirates. Tubing and banana boats rides are also an item which will tempt the kids.

Boca Prins, Mangel Halto & just about any spot with my little family.
    The Black Hog burned down a couple of years ago right?
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Answers in RED

Quote Originally Posted by Island-girl View Post

We're staying at the Marriott Renaissance in Town. I've got a few questions since our last trips were a long time ago. Good choice.....

Is there any way we can spend time at the beaches and pools of the resorts on Palm Beach? Do any of them offer a day pass for a fee? We'd love to hang out at the beach there and get lounge chairs and some shade under the palm trees. Or is that impossible? At Moomba Beach you can rent chairs.

Is the Black Hog still around? Do they still have go cart racing and that huge arcade? Closed

Does the Marriott Renaissance have mini fridges that have little freezers?Timeshare units have 2 small collegesize frigs that have very very small freezers, maybe one ice cube tray size. Hotel units there have 1 frig.
    T

Has anyone been to the Morgan Cove water park recently? I can't seem to find much info on it. Does anyone recommend any other water park? Our kids love water parks! GONE, its a ghost of a slide

And lastly, for now, it looks like the new mall has bowling, indoor rock climbing, surfing, etc. Any feedback on that? Way to many local kids hang out there.
    Its a "dead" mall imop. We went twice, don't need to go again.
    Can't wait...it's our first vacation in 10 years as a family.