Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: GoodBye Mio

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I am so confused!
    Basically, you can buy a device similar to Mio (called a mifi hotspot). The one mentioned above just happens to be from Verizon. You buy this device and then get a sim card from Setar, just like you would do for your iPhone. The benefits to the mifi hotspot over just getting the sim for you phone is that you can hook up more than one device, including a laptop or tablet as long as it is wifi enabled.
    Best Buy sells a no contract mifi hotspot that has no contract so it is not connected to the Verizon network. You could buy this, then do the sim card and data from Setar. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/verizon-...?skuId=5140012

I believe Curt (aka Burghboy) has a device similar to the Mio that he got from Digicel and he just tops it off with data every trip. Maybe he can provide more info if you sent him a PM.

I will be honest I am lost with sim card for the iphone...I have an iphone but done see any spot were I would add a card of any type, lol. I am not "old" but in tech years I am from the stone age, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Basically, you can buy a device similar to Mio (called a mifi hotspot). The one mentioned above just happens to be from Verizon. You buy this device and then get a sim card from Setar, just like you would do for your iPhone. The benefits to the mifi hotspot over just getting the sim for you phone is that you can hook up more than one device, including a laptop or tablet as long as it is wifi enabled.
    Best Buy sells a no contract mifi hotspot that has no contract so it is not connected to the Verizon network. You could buy this, then do the sim card and data from Setar. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/verizon-...?skuId=5140012

I believe Curt (aka Burghboy) has a device similar to the Mio that he got from Digicel and he just tops it off with data every trip. Maybe he can provide more info if you sent him a PM.

Okay with a quick google search (what did we do before google) I now understand what a sim card is and where it is located on my Iphone. Wow am I clueless with technology!

I will be honest I am lost with sim card for the iphone...I have an iphone but done see any spot were I would add a card of any type, lol. I am not "old" but in tech years I am from the stone age, lol.

Okay with a quick google search (what did we do before google) I now understand what a sim card is and where it is located on my Iphone. Wow am I clueless with technology!
    Give CJ a few years and he will be able to take care of all of this for you.

You are 100% correct! Its funny a couple of months ago my son says "dad when are you going to fix your clock because of daylight savings time" My response was as soon as I figure out how to...new car etc... My son responds I know how to do it...and of course my next statement is "CJ you have no clue" to which he promptly told me how to fix it and he was 100% correct. I have no idea how he knew how to do it but he instantly knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Give CJ a few years and he will be able to take care of all of this for you.

Thank you traceyd14 for understanding what I was trying to explain, my MiFi device is exactly like the MIO.

The MiFi device that I bought is exactly like the MIO, using Setar data plans.

Or you can unlock your phone, get a SIM card in Aruba and the phone can do the same thing as these extraneous devices.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I have verizon and my phone does not get unlocked so I can't get a sim card.

Quote Originally Posted by rooodie57 View Post
    Setar has the MiFi device that you can either rent or buy. If you have Verizon, I bought a MiFi for$50 and bought 500mb card for $15 to unlock and activate the MiFi and all I need to do is purchase a Nano SIM card for $20 and then purchase a pre paid card depending on how many gigabytes you need. You can get 3 gigabytes for $20, 5 gigabytes for $30 and 15 gigabytes for $56. So you can connect multiple devise just like the MIO.
    yikes,if this only came with step by step picture telling.wish we still had MIO.LOL

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast