Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: goodwill amb.

goodwill amb.

This will be my 33 aruba trip in a row (40 overall ) My wife & kids
    13th trip overall. How do you get to be an amb. of goodwill. Thanks
    aruba lover 99

45 th trip coming soon

Aruba since 1979
    contact your resort and the ATA (sponsor of this forum)
    that being said.............my husband and i have been to aruba as any times as you and i have a direct connection to the ATA and own timeshare units at lacabana. after any requests by me to lacabana and the ATA (all unanswered) we never got the goodwill ambassador certificate (s). no big deal to me, but my husband was looking forward to having one to hang in his office.

it must be "who you know" apparently i do not know anyone that would have made my husband a happy camper by getting him a goodwill ambassador certificate!

good lcuk and i hope you get an answer becuase even though we are now retired and my husband has no office, i am sure he would still love the certificate.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by love aruba 99 View Post
    This will be my 33 aruba trip in a row (40 overall ) My wife & kids
    13th trip overall. How do you get to be an amb. of goodwill. Thanks

Andrea, I'm going to make sure your husband gets that certificate if it kills me! Please remind me about two weeks before you leave on your next trip.

Love Aruba 99 - you should receive a Distinguished Visitor's certificate for 10 consecutive years and for 20 consecutive years you would receive a Goodwill Ambassador's certificate. Contact the ATA or your resort (or both) a couple of weeks prior to your trip and they should be able to set it up for you.

We actually ended up receiving 2 Distinguished Visitor awards after 10 years because the Aruba Grand set up one for us and then a couple of years later Amsterdam Manor surprised us with one as well.
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 08-21-2008 at 10:13 PM.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Aruba since 1979
    WOW
    i do not want it to kill you
    but your effort would be very much appreciated
    thanks
    andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    Andrea, I'm going to make sure your husband gets that certificate if it kills me! Please remind me about two weeks before you leave on your next trip.

Love Aruba 99 - you should receive a Distinguished Visitor's certificate for 10 consecutive years and for 20 consecutive years you would receive a Goodwill Ambassador's certificate. Contact the ATA or your resort (or both) a couple of weeks prior to your trip and they should be able to set it up for you.

We actually ended up receiving 2 Distinguished Visitor awards after 10 years because the Aruba Grand set up one for us and then a couple of years later Amsterdam Manor surprised us with one as well.

I guess that is a bit extreme.... But in any event, if your hubby wants one, I will make sure he gets one on your next visit (they are kinda fun to hang up in your office.)
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Andrea, I think we should all pick a week, go down together, storm the ATA and demand a certificate for your husband......!! Or we could just go and drink pina coladas on the beach
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Aruba since 1979
    every time in aruba paul mentions that we should stop by the ata and pick up our certificate.He is sure it is there and in some file coated with dust. I always laugh it off, but quite honestly it is pretty hurtful that after all of the volunteering on this forum ...........one would think giving the James family the certificate would be a nice thing to do.So, now it looks like our friend Amy will get it taken care of.So awesome indeed.Andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    Andrea, I think we should all pick a week, go down together, storm the ATA and demand a certificate for your husband......!! Or we could just go and drink pina coladas on the beach

Thank you andrea j & amy for your held i will try and contact ata & casa del mar . Thanks again. :d
    aruba lover 99

45 th trip coming soon