Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    What about therapy horses? There are several places in CT that use horses for therapy. I would think that would be a whole lot better than wild dolphins.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    oh no
    the dolphins need to be free.
    but, as we all know, these money making attractions are very very attractive to tourism.

i hope that if it comes to be, that it is done with much respect to the wildlife and focuses on education and rehabilitation of injured dolphins.

**** disclosure, last year we were given a gift certificate for our 25th anniversary to discovery cove near seaworld. we did the WHOLE THING and i am ashamed to admit, but I had the BEST time of my life as did paul.
    our 26th anniversary is today and guess what came in yesterday's mail????
    another gift certificate for discovery cove.
    Andrea: I certainly hope you and Paul have an absolutely wonderful Anniversary. 26 years is something to be proud of and, my wish, is that you have 26 years plus to enjoy each other. Have a successful move to Florida and we wish you every good thing that could possible happen to two such nice people.

Again, Congratulations.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin View Post
    All I want to say is, watch the movie the cove.
    I'd have to agree with Kingpin,

I've always regarded the Dolphins as some of the world's most beautiful, I actually have swam with them at Dolphin Discovery in Anguilla back in 2006. I must say, having watched the Cove a couple months ago, it has fully changed my way of thinking and no longer support this. Unfortunately it took such a movie to do so.

Shaigan

Over the last few years I have been there an average of three times per year and in the last year more than a dozen people (who had never been to Aruba) traveled to the island in some part due to my suggestion. If the government sets up this operation, I will not be coming back and will advise others to do the same.

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/news/arts-cultu...ne-foundation/
    LECTURE ON ARUBA WILD DOLPHINS AT MARINE FOUNDATION

Arts & Culture May 12th, 2010
    No comments (RSS 2.0)

Hadirurari and the Aruba Marine Mammal Foundation (AMMF) cordially invite all interested fishermen, boat owners, sea and nature lovers, to an informative evening on Saturday, April 24 at 7pm at Hadicurari. The scientific research by George Mason University on dolphins and whales in Aruban waters will be introduced. AMMF will discuss their work over the last 12 years, followed by a showing of “The Cove”, an award-winning documentary dealing with protection of wild dolphins.

That happened on April 24. Sadly I had another event to go to that night - would have loved to attend.

Aruba since 1979
    yup
    wondering how the event went......what was said?
    if anyone heard how it was please post?

I have not seen The Cove, but I have always been one who believes marine life, wild animals should be free. I hope this doesn't happen.

Thanks for the informations and the links!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123