Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Grace Angela Challenge to Restaurants and Businesses

I don't mean to speak out of line, but I am personally disappointed at the lack of support by local business owners. I have seen none. Just my opinion.
    I thought twice about posting this, as I don't want this to degrade into a defense of the business owners. Let's focus on Grace. But, local entrepaneurs.....please restore my faith. Help.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Rob, it may just be that local business owners don't frequent this site. I know when we've been in Aruba and mention the forum many are not aware of it. Maybe try tweeting a link to a couple of restaurants?

I agree with Peg, I am not sure how many of the local owners know about our posts...if they did I am thinking one or more would jump on board for the "free" press.

Aruba since 1979
    Maybe the business owners are chosing to donate privately and not thru the "go fund me".
    I do know that many do not visit this site.

What works in the USA and other places as "challenges" or "matching challenges" may be very odd or different for Aruba proprietors.
    (I am quite proficient in fundraising as i worked in a non profit for 35 years and was responsible for funding my program area..I wrote grant requests and solicited business for charitible contributions...so i know how it works in the USA)

With respect, I am wondering if an Aruba proprietor would take offense at such a challenge?

I would hope, being in Aruba, a donation would go directly to Grace, instead of only a portion of the money going to her through crowdfunding. Doesn't make sense, IMO, for them to pay an organization 8 or 10% when they could just hand her cash.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    I would hope, being in Aruba, a donation would go directly to Grace, instead of only a portion of the money going to her through crowdfunding. Doesn't make sense, IMO, for them to pay an organization 8 or 10% when they could just hand her cash.
    if done through gofundme they get tax relief. If handing over cash there is no tax benefit

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    As I understand it, her medical bills are all covered by the government. There may also be other money available for lost work and other costs that we as Americans are not aware of. If that is the case, then the local businesses would be aware of it and would not think donations are needed. Can we get an Aruban citizen to brief us on what is covered for this by the Aruban government and healthcare system?

Aruba since 1979
    i will put out a feeler to my aruba friends that are business owners to see if they have any info.

Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    As I understand it, her medical bills are all covered by the government. There may also be other money available for lost work and other costs that we as Americans are not aware of. If that is the case, then the local businesses would be aware of it and would not think donations are needed. Can we get an Aruban citizen to brief us on what is covered for this by the Aruban government and healthcare system?

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    if done through gofundme they get tax relief. If handing over cash there is no tax benefit
    What tax benefit? Is there a non-profit registration number or tax ID to claim as a tax deduction?
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

You know, maybe the locals are kind of like people would be here in the States. How many of us donate to a gofundme page when a local cab driver is attacked/robbed/beaten/shot? I never have, and usually unless it's a policeman nobody including local businesses get involved. Not trying to start anything, just taking another perspective.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast