Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Grace Angela Challenge to Restaurants and Businesses

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    I would like to publicly acknowledge 2 businesses that did donate to the GOFUNDME account.

The names are BOLEROS ARUBA and ARUBAWEGO. Both generously donated to the fund.

Last edited by cindyo; 02-25-2016 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    What tax benefit? Is there a non-profit registration number or tax ID to claim as a tax deduction?

If you google gofundme tax relief donations. There is a section that discusses this

Aruba since 1979
    charity is very personal, private and a very sensitive topic.

i encourage folks to remember the main reason of this aruba.com site is to discuss aruba tourism, research aruba trips and gain much needed aruba travel information.

i encourage all to respect and keep things that should be private, private.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

i encourage folks to remember the main reason of this aruba.com site is to discuss aruba tourism, research aruba trips and gain much needed aruba travel information.

Understood, Andrea. So, let's appreciate the "forum" we've been granted to date and focus on simply doing our best to help Grace.

IMO, this is tourist related as it is tourists showing our appreciation to the good people of Aruba. We care, Aruba!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

Agreed
    those businesses that have donated deserve a nod
    Please support those Aruba businesses
    tourist related....
    hope this is alright

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    You know, maybe the locals are kind of like people would be here in the States. How many of us donate to a gofundme page when a local cab driver is attacked/robbed/beaten/shot? I never have, and usually unless it's a policeman nobody including local businesses get involved. Not trying to start anything, just taking another perspective.
    I think we in the US are inclined to give to the Red Cross, United Way, Salvation Army, etc to supplement tax supported causes, these are not options in this case. We also do fundraisers for specific causes, which is what this is. The hope is to provide Grace with support that the government can't provide.

By donating, you are making a statement that you care.

By not donating, you're simply making a personal choice.....not making a statement either positive or negative.....and that's OK.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

After numerous forum members hitting "report" and folks having different views, taking offense and different cultural differences, we are closing this thread.
    This is a decision by Jacki and Andrea, not taken lightly and after discussing for 2 days.
    We, Jacki and Andrea are NOT anti "go fund me for grace", we both think the money raised is wonderful and are very happy to see those that were able to donate do it and those who may not financially be able to, send good thoughts & well wishes.
    We are, however, anti controversy and anti misunderstanding
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234