Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pratoman

Thread: Groceries

Groceries

Going down July 30th. Staying at the Marriott (Hotel), same as i have for the last 15 years. This year, i would like to stock up on groceries that i can keep in my hotel room (has a small cube fridge). Whats the closest grocery store/supermarket? Someone told me they think a new supermarket opened near the Stellaris recently?
    If its not walking distance, which I'm guessing its not, and i decide to take a taxi, how would i get a taxi to take me back to the hotel.
    I'd rather not rent a car. One less thing to think about.

Aruba since 1979
    The nearest fully stocked supermarket is Superfoods located across from the Tropicana resort.
    The supermarket that you mentioned on Palm beach rd Kong Foi is closed.
    Superfoods is a 5 min taxi ride from Marriott.

Thanks Andrea.
    Have to admit i dont know the Tropicana, is it a place that was recently changed over from another name? Aruba Grand or something? But knowing its 5 minutes from the hotel, thats good. I get down there at 11:30am, i can be on the beach by 1, then around 5, take a ride over there. I'm sure i can arrange for the taxi that gets me there, to pick me up at a predesignated time.
    Is it a pretty well stocked supermarket? (need stuff for my weight watchers program, for breakfast and lunch, so i can eat like a pig at Texas De Brazil and Mme Jeanette, at night, can't wait.

Aruba since 1979
    the tropicana is near the lacabana and was formerly called the "aruban" and before that was called "lacabana suites"
    the superfoods is on the location where the mini golf and the alfredos and bbq place used to be.
    just tell the taxi driver.....SUPERFOODS

when you finish shopping, there will be taxis standing by or make a plan to have him/her come back.

the refrigerators in the marriott's hotel rooms are SMALL. Dorm size.

yes superfoods is a real full sized supermarket.

good luck with weight watchers.........i am a "pointaholic"

Quote Originally Posted by pratoman View Post
    Thanks Andrea.
    Have to admit i dont know the Tropicana, is it a place that was recently changed over from another name? Aruba Grand or something? But knowing its 5 minutes from the hotel, thats good. I get down there at 11:30am, i can be on the beach by 1, then around 5, take a ride over there. I'm sure i can arrange for the taxi that gets me there, to pick me up at a predesignated time.
    Is it a pretty well stocked supermarket? (need stuff for my weight watchers program, for breakfast and lunch, so i can eat like a pig at Texas De Brazil and Mme Jeanette, at night, can't wait.

Perfect, thanks, i remember it now. I am going to contact the Marriott and ask about whether they can provide me with a larger fridge. I know the standard in their rooms is the cube size. I think they sometimes have a slightly larger size if you ask. But either way its fine, i just want to have some basic stuff in the room to munch on after the beach, so i dont load up on pringles that i buy at the Marriott store for a ridiculous price. And some fat free yogurts, and stuff like that.
    Yeah, been on WW since January, hit my goal three weeks ago, i should make lifetime just before i leave NY. I expect to gain a few in Aruba, but I will get right back on track when i return. I dont do this vacation more than once a year, i plan to enjoy it. Thanks for the heads up on Superfoods.