Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: handicap questions

handicap questions

we are thinking of going on vacation next year with CJ's brother and wife. She is on oxygen 24 hrs a day and cannot walk very much. I know we can get a wheelchair or rent a scooter(if you have done this and have a recommendation i would love it) and i would have to rent an oxygen machine and also look into portable tanks. that if you have ANY experience i would love to hear.....but what i would really like opinions on.....and keep in mind she is unable to walk on sand and would have to be pushed or carried.....which hotel/condo/timeshare do you think would work best. example: Divi golf----she would Never be able to do the beach there...to far a walk to any water from palapas. the pool is nice because it has zero entry but i dont think its the best choice.
    What if any beaches are shorter with palapas closest to water in your experience.....or your suggestions for hotels that you think would work.
    Thanks
    Last edited by nikko; 06-29-2015 at 06:32 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    labco would be the company to contact for scooter/oxygen etc
    here is their link http://www.labcoaruba.com

i would recommend a place like Aruba Beach Club and Casa Del Mar (presidentil, not ambassador)

i hope some folks who stay at the hi rise area can suggest places there too.

there is also a "sand" wheelchair that is available for handicap usage..i will try to find the link. it is a private non profit organization.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikko View Post
    we are thinking of going on vacation next year with CJ's brother and wife. She is on oxygen 24 hrs a day and cannot walk very much. I know we can get a wheelchair or rent a scooter(if you have done this and have a recommendation i would love it) and i would have to rent an oxygen machine and also look into portable tanks. that if you have ANY experience i would love to hear.....but what i would really like opinions on.....and keep in mind she is unable to walk on sand and would have to be pushed or carried.....which hotel/condo/timeshare do you think would work best. example: Divi golf----she would Never be able to do the beach there...to far a walk to any water from palapas. the pool is nice because it has zero entry but i dont think its the best choice.
    What if any beaches are shorter with palapas closest to water in your experience.....or your suggestions for hotels that you think would work.
    Thanks

Aruba since 1979
    beach wheelchairs
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Adapt...29061550526890

but, there has not been any facebook entries for a couple of years and they website is not working.
    they may be out of business

i was thinking those resorts too andrea....i have never been to them so would love to hear what people who have stayed there think. thanks for the labco info! I was also thinking the tam but dont think they want to do all inclusive. whats your thoughts on LaCabana for ease and enjoyment. she isnt in a wheelchair full time but we use one to make it easier for things like this.. she can get around so its not like we are bound by that with hotels.
    And i did search here and google----most info is very old so i think this would be great for anyone with these issues thinking about aruba! thanks!

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Costa Linda has a very large handicap palapa that you can drive a scooter or push a wheel chair right up to. The walkway extends to it.

thank you ----that is exactly what im looking for!

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Ditto on the Costa Linda. Very easy to maneuver wheel chairs there. Wide walkways and elevators. Handicap beach palapas have walkway right to them and handicap palapas at the pool. The pool also has two zero entry points so easier for her to get into the pool. We stayed there again last May and there was a lady on a scooter that had a paper tag on the back that had her name and dates of stay as well as her room number. I don't know for certain but it may be that Costa Linda will provide them for guests. Very big parking lot with handicap spaces and you can get a handicap hanger for your car at the front desk to use all over the island.

I noticed a handicapped palapa at Playa Linda as well but haven't stayed there yet so can't speak to how well the resort is laid out for wheelchair access. I onl

know they have some nice ground level lanai suitets that are walk out at beach level. I remember lots of steps from the beach. Maybe someone else can offer more info.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

That is awesome! Kudos Costa Linda! The beach area is fairly short in that area. When I stayed at CDM a few years ago the beach access was very rocky and would be difficult for a handicapped person to maneuver. The surf was quite rough too. Don't know if that is normal for the area, or just the week we happened to be there.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    that section of beach at CDM and ABC changes with much regularity

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    That is awesome! Kudos Costa Linda! The beach area is fairly short in that area. When I stayed at CDM a few years ago the beach access was very rocky and would be difficult for a handicapped person to maneuver. The surf was quite rough too. Don't know if that is normal for the area, or just the week we happened to be there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast