Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: handicap questions

Beach at Casa del Mar June 9

handicap questions-casa_del_mar_beachg.jpg

From what I have read here, Costa Linda will probably be the best bet.

We love the Amsterdam Manor for its smaller size and choice of ground floor rooms. They have a handicap palapa suitable for a wheelchair, handicap questions-beach_handicap_wheelchair_palapa.jpgbut it is set back from the water and the resort does not have a zero entry pool.

she can walk and only uses a chair for like mall trips and longer walking outings. she does NOT have to have a zero entry for pool i was just mentioning it beacause its a nice option! lol the water from amsterdam doesnt look that far...nicky can carry her! lol this is all great! thanks

If she can walk, my father uses a walker to get around at the Amsterdam Manor. Again, due to the small size of the resort with a ground floor room it is very easy for him. Good exercise actually. My dad has trouble with steps so finds it difficult to reach the pool bar, so he just does not go. I deliver. I am sure if I asked, the bartender would also deliver. Even the studios have their own fridges though so you could easily supply your own beverages.
    handicap questions-swimming_poole.jpg

At their restaurant Mango there are four small steps down into the main portion of the restaurant. Even my dad is able to handle them and the staff stores his walker to keep it out of the way. Mango's also offers the option of dining "upstairs" at the same level as the ground floor rooms. Dinner at Mango's is ala carte. At the breakfast buffet, all the goodies are downstairs with the exception of the hot items and omelet station. Again, I deliver the food.

These are the steps leading into the pool. There is a nice railing as you can see. handicap questions-swimming_pool.jpg

Some of the nice walkers have seats attached to them which is nice for resting. Great for traveling.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    If she can walk, my father uses a walker to get around at the Amsterdam Manor. Again, due to the small size of the resort with a ground floor room it is very easy for him. Good exercise actually. My dad has trouble with steps so finds it difficult to reach the pool bar, so he just does not go. I deliver. I am sure if I asked, the bartender would also deliver. Even the studios have their own fridges though so you could easily supply your own beverages.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swimming_poole.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	3952

At their restaurant Mango there are four small steps down into the main portion of the restaurant. Even my dad is able to handle them and the staff stores his walker to keep it out of the way. Mango's also offers the option of dining "upstairs" at the same level as the ground floor rooms. Dinner at Mango's is ala carte. At the breakfast buffet, all the goodies are downstairs with the exception of the hot items and omelet station. Again, I deliver the food.

These are the steps leading into the pool. There is a nice railing as you can see. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swimming_pool.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	3951
    At CL they have a drink girl that takes your order by the pool if you don't want to go to the bar. Full kitchens in all the suites.

I'm sorry so long to reply,, but i have used Labco in the past,, so so serice over the past couple of years, this year and referred to me by many at the Radisson- Now Hilton www.info@essentialaruba.com they seem to have all medical needs I had been texting a Sylvia, Rates were good.. Also the Radisson/ Hilton, had a area, not only not far from bathroom but close to getting food, on the beach, but has a spot for scooter, its under a papala,, my best suggestion , if at the radisson, they had many and great location Cabanas , greart price, large and comfortable ( comes with a cooler with 4 nice cold bottles of water, towels ) Its the best.., good Luck, let me know if she works out for you

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Just came across this a few days ago

http://news.visitaruba.com/news/tips...ates-to-aruba/

The Hilton has wheelchair papala's just off the walkway at the beach, also have zero entry pools. If you decide to stay at the Hilton, I would say, stay in the middle building, first floor for easy in and out. Short walk out the back door and your at the towel hut, the pool and cabana's, that's where I always stay. Staying in the tower, you have the long walk up the hill. Somewhere I have a copy of the papala lay out of the Hilton, if I find it, I'll post it.

here is the palapas layout at the Hilton (Radisson)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scan 5.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	4147
    Last edited by hvy747; 07-22-2015 at 07:30 PM.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    By chance I came across this video. Hope, it's helpful info:

Wheelchair friendly Palm Beach Aruba

Uploaded on Oct 10, 2011
    Palm beach at Aruba. Wheelchair accessible palapas and sun beds for disabled guests. People with reduced mobility in handicapped rooms. Tropical beaches with wheelchair access. Baby Beach for wheelchairs. Handicap friendly walk way. Wheelchair friendly catamarans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvWnArQzJF4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12