Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Has anyone thought about using walkie talkies in Aruba?

glaval....you are right-on-target re: Lisa's knowledge of Aruba. She is an amazing authority on many subjects regarding the Island; customs, and people. I, like many, am a admirer of her and her comments over a long time. Thanks, Lisa for all your posts.

Ed

We took them with us about 5 years ago but the reception was not the greatest ....depending on where we were depended on how much interference we got....ended up just shutting them off.....But maybe the new ones are better ??????
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Some Handheld Ham Radios are supposed to bounce off of satellites to extend their range for hundreds of miles. You need a license to operate(not own) one in the US but perhaps you don't in Aruba? I haven't found anything that indicated that you need any sort of license for radios in Aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by AhhAruba View Post
    Now we use cell phones on air plane mode with WiFi and a free texting app called Pinger. You can buy one of those Setar internet cards to get Wifi access or if you know your way around you can find some free wifi. For instance I know when I am at the beach at LaCabana if I walk towards Amsterdam Manor I can get wifi to send a text.
    What's App is another great texting app
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12